• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video tells you everything

Throw a hammer straight from a closed stance. Need to get your off arm forward, your front foot over to the left side of the tee pad from your rear foot, and counter the rear foot to the right side and release the arm from the body.

Dang, yeah I landed open on all of those throws. I tried to stand with a closed stance initially, but all that went to pot when I did my reach back.

I'll have to go take out a hammer and try landing with a closed stance.

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

I went out tonight and had huge success. The couple of things we noticed wrong in the video (open position and little to no pull through) were the two things I focused on. Worked on the stand still again and was throwing it 300-320' with a lot more ease. Even got my putters out to about 275 today, which was awesome.

The big change for me came from how I was rotating my body / shoulders. In all the videos above, I rotate my hips so that my chest is facing away and my back toward the target.

Today, I focused on keeping my hips 90 degrees from the basket, just like when you line up side ways. So when I reach back, my hips aren't just spinning and I have the torque between my shoulders and hips. I'll have to video myself this weekend again, but this form change allowed me to pull through more. I wasn't able to have a true pull through when I rotate my hips all the way back.. not sure why, could be a mental thing, but either way it worked for me.

The other thing I noticed was just how different the disc felt coming out of the hand. I guess when you have a pull through, it feels like more snap. I ended up throwing a ton of them way too hyzer, but after a few throws could feel how I can shift my wrist to throw it flat.

Overall, very productive day and felt much easier getting to 300-320'. However, as soon as I started to try a run up, all hell broke loose and form went to crap. Will be a while before I start X-Stepping.

Super pumped and can't wait to get another video up.