• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

voodoo customer service

Mabuku1

Double Eagle Member
So a week before Christmas I ordered a blue juju and some straps. A week into the next year and it's still not here. I've emailed twice(second tome was a week ago), and they have yet to even respond to my emails. What gives. Are they just too busy playing rounds rather than answering customer inquiries?

I bought my mojo off of dgcr and it came in a week. I guess that's where I should be buying all of my voodoo products from now on? Heh heh.

Does anyone know if the guy is alright or if he just has poor business ettiquet? Okay, I'm done ranting.

To whomever moved my General disc golf chat topic to the bags section, thanks for for hindering my ability to get any feedback.

I'd say anyone who waits till a week before Xmas to order something is lucky its ever seen again at all. A giant Hannuknado forms in mid-December, and sucks the life out of anything any kid could possibly enjoy.
Or maybe they're on extended break/hangover/quarantine.
Or maybe you're right to expect the worst.

Its Sunday---nothing is going to happen till tomorrow. Kinda Zen when you think about it. :D

Last edited:
In their defense, pretty much any company, large and small, tends to be bogged down during this season. Take christmas off, after catching up to crazy holiday shopping, try to catch up on business, then new years. With a limited number of people, I wouldn't get too upset over long response time.
ON THE OTHER HAND: I dont expect anyone (me included) to just be totally okay with it. It's frustrating. I ordered someone on 12/19, received the wrong item 12/26, and still haven't heard back after two e-mails. And this is with a large e-retailer who's owned by amazon...

In their defense, pretty much any company, large and small, tends to be bogged down during this season. Take christmas off, after catching up to crazy holiday shopping, try to catch up on business, then new years. With a limited number of people, I wouldn't get too upset over long response time.
ON THE OTHER HAND: I dont expect anyone (me included) to just be totally okay with it. It's frustrating. I ordered someone on 12/19, received the wrong item 12/26, and still haven't heard back after two e-mails. And this is with a large e-retailer who's owned by amazon...
mail order bride or blow-up doll?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'm not going to be emailing them any time soon, I just bought a grip, so I'm in no rush. I just was wondering if anyone else has heard the same from this company. it's a small operation, I get it, but I know how much effort it takes to respond to an email. I've had to deal with work emails all day. It sucks but it comes with the territory of a business. It's almost like they have our money already so why put a rush on anything. Lol.

I ordered a blue Juju a couple weeks before Christmas as well. I got a call from them on the Monday after I ordered. Turns out they had a glitch in their site that let me order a color that was out of stock. I was offered a red or green one or my money back. I was fine with green and they shipped that day. Good service in my opinion.

I would bet the same thing happened to you. Maybe they tried to call and didn't get through to you. I would call them tomorrow if I were you. Hopefully you get it figured out soon. I've heard nothing but good things about their service.

Voodoo had it in big bold red letters at the top of their site that they'd be closed till this week. Give them a chance this week. I've had nothing but positive interactions with them.

Yeah, I get that the bags are amazingly well built. That's why I keep buying them. The fact that they called you the next day is awesome. Didn't happen that way for me, but they sure withdrew my money fast, Lol. still haven't even received a confirmation email. That's why it was strange that they weren't getting back to me. I'm sure when they start working again they're gonna go through their inbox.

Thanks for the update on the red letters. :) I haven't exactly been on pins and needles this whole time watching their website.

Thanks again for all the insight guys. Happy discing!

Voodoo had it in big bold red letters at the top of their site that they'd be closed till this week. Give them a chance this week. I've had nothing but positive interactions with them.

I echo the comment about having nothing but positive interactions with them. When I lived in San Diego, I ordered a bag from them for one of my nephews and they even took the time to meet me during a lunch break so that I could get the bag sooner. :thmbup:

Yeah I was going to post the warning from their website. I've called them 2 or 3 times and maybe hit vmail once. When I spoke w/them they answered all questions I had and got things going. I was having trouble w/one of the coupon codes once and the others were just informational calls.

When I had my order mess up with the inventory problems before Christmas, they did all communication with me via the phone except for automated order and shipping confirmation emails. Perhaps you gave them the wrong phone number with your order?

I'm just gonna give them the time to do what they have to do. I didn't know they were closed before. That's why I asked you fine fellows. :)

I got my Spinal Tap about six or eight months ago and it has had many of the same problems others are experiencing. So, I sent it back for repair and after four weeks of hearing nothing I received an email stating that they "lost it and then found it", and that it will be another three to four weeks until I get it back.

Here is my retort:

The turn-around time does not make me happy at all. It is bad enough that my bag's structure failed in only a couple of months, but losing it and then telling me that it will not be repaired and mailed for three to four more weeks seems ridiculous.

I've kept myself abreast of your backpack debacle via disc golf discussion boards and the faith that your customers have in your company is starting to fray just as badly as the seams on your backpacks. Do yourself a favor and stop INSULTING your customers with a measly 10% off their next purchase offer. Do you actually think I would send you another dime for another product? And at only 10% off the extremely high retail price your customers are paying? You've already sent me an inferior product, then lost it, and are now making me wait another month to get it back. It is a shame too, because the only reason I purchased from you was your stellar reputation for building bags in your first few years of business.

I must add, in closing, that if my bag is going to take more than six weeks to be repaired, it needs to be repaired correctly. Several customers have come forth on public discussion boards stating that they have had to send their bags back more than once. Please see that my bag is repaired correctly the first time.

I hate to say this, but I now wish I had bought a Grip bag. :wall:

I like my Spinal Tap ... however it's just a little too big for me, so I'm getting a GRIP

My right strap is doing the fraying thing too, which kinda makes it a pain to resell ... and I'd almost rather take the hit on price than have to send it back to Voodoo without knowing exactly when I'll get it back :\

I sent mine in and it took a week to get there as I live in Maine. 2 day turn around and a week back. So in my case it was not bad at all.