• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

next Tuesday cant come fast enough, I am hoping that it comes a day early. Nothing worse then getting it on my last day off of the week and having to wait 5 days to use it.

I saw a few of these posted on a Facebook page. The front lip on the main pocket looks really low. I'm interested to see how that works out as far as discs not falling out.
With mine fully loaded (23 for me). The discs did not budge. When I took 3 out, the middle discs did prodtrude out of the bag at approx 70 to 80 degree angle, but they did not come out. Heck the bottom of the discs were touching the ground it was leaned over so far. With some vigorous shaking I did get them to fall out. So I wouldn't worry about it, well I'm not :)
It's a solid bag, nothing fancy, but just a well built and thought out bag. My Ergo should be in tomarrow, so we shall see :)

I got a tracking email last saturday(they sent a ups one friday but I paid for priority so they had to redo it). It still isn't here. And on top of that the tracking info has stayed the same this whole time. Of course that made it worse thinking it was still in California. Emailed Voodoo more than once the last two days and they said it was dropped off saturday. Decided to call the post office. Of course they were useless. Called back today and come to find out they don't really have to update tracking or scan the packages when shipping priority. So I said what you're telling me is the more I spend to get my shipments early the less you do to keep me updated? And they wonder why they are about to go out of business. Supposedly if I don't get it today they are going to find whatever truck or plane or boat its on and start opening random boxes and try to find it. Assuming Voodoo didn't lie and say they shipped it saturday and they really didn't I'll never pay for anything more than standard when using the post office again.

Lol. My putter pocket zipper seam broke. I attached my towel to it and towel caught a tree. It still works, but I have to slide the metal piece back onto the zipper tracks. Didn't ever close it anyways. Not worried about it. Lol

My tracking said it departed California for 5 days with no updates; basically until it was an hour from me, then it updated. In my case I assumed it was actually on a truck from California to PA.

941175_10201202742137736_1410133866_n.jpg

1033_10201202743337766_1689597777_n.jpg

480191_10201202741457719_899348556_n.jpg

Finally....and I am NOT disappointed. Quality is just what you'd expect from Voodoo. I have 18 discs in the main compartment with room for 2 or more. That's with 3 putters and 5 mids and 10 drivers.

A few of my first impressions:
1) Because the main pocket doesn't come up very high, I was worried discs would fall out. I'm not worried about that at all. I moved around about as aggressively as I could and they didn't more (so said the girlfriend who watched me look like a fool juking and spinning with the bag on)
2) Getting to discs on the edges are a breeze, unlike the Grip.
3) Hidden pocked where putters are is huge. Impressed by Voodoo for not ignoring that space.
4) Holy padding. The cushion on the back is thick. Crazy think! It seems like it would circulate air better than my Grip, but time will tell in the Texas heat.
5) I expected it to be much heavier, but it came in at 4lbs 4oz (vs Grip at 3lbs 10oz)
6) Handle on the top worries me a bit, but time will tell if it's durable enough.

Anyone know what picture 3 is below? They are small tabs at the top of the side pockets, towards the back by the top of the shoulder straps. They seem like they have a purpose, but I don't know what it would be.

Can't wait to take this thing for a spin this weekend.

8895728691_29beaa3d67_c.jpg

8895782315_570cde7a0f_c.jpg

8896362064_e9e2099122_c.jpg

man this is getting to comic proportions. so my tracking info updated not long after my last post. and it said the bag was scanned in at san diego and then a few hours later was out for delivery....IN SAN DIEGO!!! i am absolutely befuddled. i called the post office and asked what the hell it was still doing in san diego and why was it out for delivery. i went on to ask if it was a local delivery, seeing as voodoo is based out of that city, why did it take 6 days to update tracking and go out for delivery? if you're delivering down the damn street why the hell would you need tracking info in the first place?!! next came the obligatory "we will do an investigation and call you by tomorrow afternoon". emailed voodoo next and to tell you the truth wasn't much help there either. i want to give them the benefit of the doubt but i can't say with absolute certainity that they didn't have a part in this whole mess either. they say they are going to investigate as well. not sure how much help that will be. all i know is the ship to address in the initial tracking email i got was correct so how the hell they got this so wrong is beyond me. sure i wanted my bag before this weekend but mostly i'm pissed cause i spent 27 dollars of money that doesn't fall off trees for me and this is the crap i get in return. anybody want to take some odds on what happens next??