• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

warrior/element x

money 21

* Ace Member *
did the warrior replace the element x or are they the same disc just renamed?

Its a different disc and it replaced the Element X. The two Gateway pros I play with down here both still use clear Element X's.

Yes, the ELX was discontinued and the Warrior replaced it. Those clear ELX's are $$$. One the best mids I've ever thrown and I had to go and lose it.

The E Warrior I had was almost Drone-like, but it was an X-out, so it could have been weird in more than only superficial ways.

The E-ELX was one of the few gateway discs that was pretty consistent for me run to run. The new warrior is too overstable IMO. I wish they had never changed it, my first four aces were with a red/semi clear e-elx.

discspeed said:
Its a different disc and it replaced the Element X. The two Gateway pros I play with down here both still use clear Element X's.

Same here. There's a Gateway pro at my local field that throws Element Xs instead of Warriors.

I really don't like Gateway's mid options. The Element is really flippy for me, and would really only be useful as a finesse disc. Maybe players with less OAT than I have can control it better. I've never thrown the Element X or the Warrior.

The Element and Warrior work reasonably well as a combo. The Element works better when you're powering down and want a straighter flight. At long ranges it tends to get a little more squirrelly. The Warrior has some turn at low speed if you need it, and flies pretty straight at long distance.

Latest posts