• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

It used to be if you liked Rocs but wanted better than base plastic you had to get a Wasp or spend through the nose. Innova got wise, and Discraft is holding serve. The Tis were nice but invisible, and the Glos all came out domey. The ESPs weren't especially flat either, in my experience. A good flat Z Wasp is a mighty fine disc.

This is how I found the Wasp. My local PIAS had a flat max Z that looked to be 7/10 visually, but 9/10 flight. Hello "1" Roc, with Comets handling "4" and "5" Roc duties. KC Pro Rocs handled "2" and DX handled "3" slots.

We do have one hope still... Nate daBoss. There have been rumors out there that since the brewery is passed the start up faze, him and Val might make some appearances on the circuit next year... Nate's had that green Wasp in his bag for as long as I can remember, and now that Paul has the Buzzz sig disc...

Nate bring back Ti Wasps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right I was aware of these - I'd like to see them in new Ti or ESP. Or ZFlx??

I don't think they make production ZFLX anymore.

There are new ESPs out there, I have a couple of ESP Swirl Glow from 2018 Ledgestone I believe but they are really hard to find now.

Honestly never thrown a Ti Wasp - they were most popular when I wasn't really playing much. Don't know how much value they'd give Discraft over production Z

Right I was aware of these - I'd like to see them in new Ti or ESP. Or ZFlx??

Can't believe they didn't make more of the zflx wasps. I scooped up every one I could find the past eight or so years. Had 10 at one point but down to 7 now.

Great disc for wooded and hilly courses. She sticks to the ground if not into the chains. Very forgiving on errant tree hits as well :)

Got 2 downhill aces on one of them. Definitely would have bought the pinks from the factory store special stash back then at $19.99 if I didn't already have all the others.

Down to 3 of the ti wasps left. Kept 2 color shifts and an orange. Can't find the raspberry one I had. Haven't thrown them in years due to all the other wasps trying to bump out these buzzz'z

Still rock at least 1-2 old pink or yellow pearly z wasp in each bag. Hope the newer ones are good for ya.

Ya know, I will be the first to admit that a regular ol' Z Wasp is a damn good disc. I might feel a little silly trying to bag something to cover a "less stable Wasp" slot when I have a stack of Buzzzes.

Ya know, I will be the first to admit that a regular ol' Z Wasp is a damn good disc. I might feel a little silly trying to bag something to cover a "less stable Wasp" slot when I have a stack of Buzzzes.

I always bagged a few z wasps and a broken in flat top kc roc for the flippy z wasp flight. Works well. I got a z wasp that is getting flippy but it took years and doesnt hold a turnover as well. It still wants to flex.

Adam Hammes WASP signature disc - hopefully will revive this mould and get some more options out there. I still REALLY like the wasp but I don't see enough plastic/color options that I would like so I have been using other slightly OS mids - and I like them too, but having more Wasps isn't a bad thing. I still surprised McBeth didn't have this as a disc.

That's awesome, Swirly ESP Wasps in our future?? <3_<3

Also Hammes' putting was absolutely off the chain for the Hall of Fame Classic - Heimborg just barely clutched it out.

Here's to an awesome 2020

hit pipe from 250 out with my prized z wasp

heatin up

HE'S ON FIRE.

tenor.gif

Sorry nothing to see here. Just love me some NBA Jam.

lost my beloved red z wasp

threw it on a hole i aced on in the summer heavy woods dogleg left

took a kick off a tree and went into the abyss

kicked the snow used a uv light used a rake all for an embarrassing amount of time about 3 hours

lost my beloved red z wasp

threw it on a hole i aced on in the summer heavy woods dogleg left

took a kick off a tree and went into the abyss

kicked the snow used a uv light used a rake all for an embarrassing amount of time about 3 hours

Doesn't feel right to nice that...:|

Just be the first guy out there after the meltoff, you might lucky and nobody else had found it.:thmbup:

This would have been a good time for MVP to have already come out with their new mids, eh?..:|

Doesn't feel right to nice that...:|

Just be the first guy out there after the meltoff, you might lucky and nobody else had found it.:thmbup:

This would have been a good time for MVP to have already come out with their new mids, eh?..:|

my hopes are the winter dg are moar hardcore and moar willing to call back if a number is on it and 8 ace ink vs the summertime chuckers

or else that i find it when it does meltoff

its disheartening

my hopes are the winter dg are moar hardcore and moar willing to call back if a number is on it and 8 ace ink vs the summertime chuckers

or else that i find it when it does meltoff

its disheartening

If I ever find an 8x ace Wasp I'm keeping it JUST BECAUSE IT'S YOURS.

Good luck on the hopeful return!

Guys I'm in love with the wasp. I've never thrown one til today. I got one in my misprint box from black Friday. Finally had a chance to throw it today. All the holes I threw it on I birdie and buzzed the tower on one basket coming inches away from a ace. This thing just rips out of my hand like no disc before. Definitely kicking the buzzz os out of the bag for my z wasp.

Guys I'm in love with the wasp. I've never thrown one til today. I got one in my misprint box from black Friday. Finally had a chance to throw it today. All the holes I threw it on I birdie and buzzed the tower on one basket coming inches away from a ace. This thing just rips out of my hand like no disc before. Definitely kicking the buzzz os out of the bag for my z wasp.

I've said it before, you can get a wasp that flies like a buzz but not the other way around...

...and they get better the more you use them. Once you get one broken in enough to start a cycle, you really don't need other mids. The only problem is, replacing a flippy one if you lose it since they don't come in a normal priced base type plastic you can use to fill the time until a premium is broken in. Jawbreaker's are good for that but $20+ is a bit steep for a quick break in base/pro type plastic. So, keep an eye out for used ones if you have a disc shop near you.:thmbup:

Also, its one of, if not THE best short range FH roller discs.

Last edited:

you saw the light