• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

looked for another hour today and still didnt find it

i give up and now im letting the universe grab the wheel

going to give my fresh z wasp a workout and my pro d buzz and will decide later if i need anymoar mids

let the snow melt a little moar and after all holiday obligations i checked back today wrapped up in a shameful ambiguous loss that i was experiencing and after about 15 minutes of search and rescue i located my prized red z wasp

best xmasss everrr

giphy.gif

i had to have walked past it 50 times

from the tree i thought that i hit and kicked off from it landed 5 feet shorter and probably 10-20 extra to the right

it was a few feet inside the deep deep rough

Tracking bad shots this time of year isn't always easy and especially when it goes into weeds/brush with snow. No leaves on the tress makes it really hard for me to gauge distances. Also, the tale tell entry mark is often hard to spot cause there is are already lots of breaks in the snow.

When I'm out with my weekend group and someone shanks a shot, most of the time the group starts hunting in about the same place I would have thought to start. Unless I got a really good landmark where it went down, I will typically walk well past them and start hunting...

...I would bet I find close to half of them, lol.

Last edited:
Tracking bad shots this time of year isn't always easy and especially when it goes into weeds/brush with snow. No leaves on the tress makes it really hard for me to gauge distances. Also, the tale tell entry mark is often hard to spot cause there is are already lots of breaks in the snow.

When I'm out with my weekend group and someone shanks a shot, most of the time the group starts hunting in about the same place I would have thought to start. Unless I got a really good landmark where it went down, I will typically walk well past them and start hunting...

...I would bet I find close to half of them, lol.
Lost discs are almost invariably found farther down the fairway and closer to the middle of the fairway (not as deep in the rough) than one thinks. At least that's been my experience.

I know this is a wasp thread but! Looking to fill a slightly OS mid slot with either a Flat top KC pro roc or Wasp. Anyone who has used both can you give me a little insight? I bag a Buzzz and a flippy dx roc3 right now. I didn't really care for the buzzz OS (little too dumpy for me) and I already bag a Zone.

Uh the Wasp is going to feel better in the hand if very low dome to flat top. The standard ROC in flat top almost gets a + edge to the disc especially in KC Pro. The ROC 3 not sure as I have not used the mold but try a Star ROC 3 as most molds in Star that are flat top will be more OS then the other plastics.

I have had both a flat top ROC and nearly flat top Z Wasp but those are from the late 2000's.

Has anyone heard when the tour series wasps are coming out? I'd really love to get an ESP wasp.
Just 1?

I too have been checking wayyy too often for these bad boys, which has led to some "accidental" disc orders that I "had" to have...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know this is a wasp thread but! Looking to fill a slightly OS mid slot with either a Flat top KC pro roc or Wasp. Anyone who has used both can you give me a little insight? I bag a Buzzz and a flippy dx roc3 right now. I didn't really care for the buzzz OS (little too dumpy for me) and I already bag a Zone.

rock3 is way closer to the wasp than a kcp rock

im unsure how the flat top kcp rocks are and how close they are

nice thing about wasp is its premium plastic and stays in that spot forever where as the kcp will break in way quicker

i think buzzos is dumpy and the wasp is a great combo of glide and stability to get that big fat d

My experience has been that a fresh Z Wasp starts a little more stable than the Roc does, even the Champ Roc3s. If you want something for that straight to reliable fade or for flex shots, I'd go with a ZWasp just because it keeps the stability longer. Which ironically is why I throw mainly Rocs now and only have 1 wasp; my Zs were taking forever to break in.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk