• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

i'm pretty excited, they just dropped 9 baskets in the park 2 minutes behind my house today. too bad i've been stuck at work. the holes will be shorter and more technical, so i'm looking forward to trying out my opto pure, 166 tournament and 176 vip warships, and giving the fuse another shot.

Sounds like a dream. I much prefer throwing putters and mids on courses that reward it.

Still goofing around with them. I was using a 159 VIP because it seemed to fit a niche in between my Fuses and Pain, but threw the 171 Tourney this week, and really enjoyed it. I am going to put a 166 Tourney and the 171 in the bag for my trip this week, and try to narrow it down. The VIP seems to be noticeably more stable even at lower weights. Or am I simply too unskilled to know what I'm doing?

I am enjoying my VIP Ship, purple 172. Has a nice amount of stability where I can really crank it if I need to, but also powers down well. Thinking about a 167 Tourney to take the place of my Comet. I want something that will turn, but be more forgiving than the Comet, and that is what everyone seems to be saying the Tourney Ships can do...

Heavier Tourney ones are going to probably equal out to your 172g VIP (unless you find one with a serious dome). You should trade your VIP in for a heavier, domey one and get a lighter weight Tourney one for the whole left to right spectrum.

Heavier Tourney ones are going to probably equal out to your 172g VIP (unless you find one with a serious dome). You should trade your VIP in for a heavier, domey one and get a lighter weight Tourney one for the whole left to right spectrum.

Spot on

VIP Warship has knocked the Fuse and Pain out of my bag and is my go-to midrange now. It can cover straight, fade, and flex approach shots better, and is not affected by windy conditions. The only other midrange that can touch it is the Flying Squirrel, in my experience anyway. And I've thrown most of them out there.

The Warship is significantly longer on drives than other midrange discs. Only the Flying Squirrel with its tremendous glide is close. The Warship has excellent touch for approach shots, is perfectly stable for drives, and holds the same flight characteristics thrown hard or powered down.

Truly a great disc and unique among midrange discs in its ability to fly very clean and just a little farther.

Yep, it is a long mid. I used it off the tee today and the guys I was with asked what it was. I told them a new mid I was trying, and they said mid?? It is nice, controlled easy distance. My poor Core is getting used les and less.

I've never thrown a mid that's as long as the Warship. The Glide and Stalker come to mind as far as distance potential, but they're tweaked mids with driver-like rims. What surprised me the most about the Warship is when I went from using it purely as a control driver to using it for approach shots. It even does close approach shots extremely well, which surprised me because of its higher speed. I trust Westside's numbers in this case, it's a faster mid, somewhat like the Squall. But the essential glide and float is there.

I was throwing it at a field the other day, using scattered trees as approach targets. It was a very windy day, and while the Fuse was getting knocked way off-line to the right (RHBH thrower), and the Pain was getting flipped up the other way and sailing too far left (even with a flat release), the Warship was largely unfazed. The Warship appears to be a totally neutral, truly stable disc. What's not to like?

I'm wanting to like my Warship but it's not nearly as versatile or as long as the Axis is for me.

I'm a Warship fan. I have 177 and 174 in Tourney plastic. I wanna try a 170-172 VIP.

I have 2 identical 169g yellow-orange VIP's, with fairly flat tops, or what's normal for a mid, vs domey. Give the VIP a try if you're interested. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.

I just ordered a 179 tournament colorshift warship. What should I expect in the stability department?Champ Rancho Roc, Wasp, Hornet? Thanks!!