• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

Crosswinds are more about technique and release angle than any specific disc. Not sure how the Westside logo somehow means you can't throw with a crosswind.

i dont know why either. but when i throw them, and when other people throw them, the result seems to be the same.

Been doing field work with this mold, as I had kind of forgotten how to throw them (blame a foray into high speed drivers). Unlocking the magic anew. Doing the same with Rivers.

I've finally seen how throwing above your arm speed can really muck things up.

That would be fun to see. I bag both, but my Stag is well longer. Got it up to near 400 yesterday.

I meant the Warship is 10 feet longer then my Evidence midrange. I don't throw a Stag but imagine it would be significantly longer then a Warship.

I meant the Warship is 10 feet longer then my Evidence midrange. I don't throw a Stag but imagine it would be significantly longer then a Warship.

Ah! Makes sense. Stage are great, if they ever come back in stock you should get one!

Ah, that makes more sense. I don't always bag an Evidence (kind of a tweener stability between my Emacs and my Tursas, which I usually don't need) but when I do it is easily my longest mid. For me an Evidence is a 275' disc, which is getting close to fairway driver distance. Stags are really rangeable but I'm most comfortable throwing them 300'. So if a Warship is 10' longer than an Evidence, then I think for my arm it would be too much overlap with a Stag both in terms of distance and flight characteristics.

Anyone thrown an Origio Warship?

I have one. Threw it once during a round and wasn't impressed. It seemed to lack the awesome glide that all of my other Warships have. The one I got is board flat and my tournament and VIP ones all have some dome to them so maybe that had something to do with it.

I have one. Threw it once during a round and wasn't impressed. It seemed to lack the awesome glide that all of my other Warships have. The one I got is board flat and my tournament and VIP ones all have some dome to them so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yeah that would do it. Got to have a little dome on a Ship. :thmbup:

I don't know if all of the origio ones are flat like mine or if they vary in the amount of dome. Picked mine up at a local shop and it was the only one they had on hand.

Anyone thrown an Origio Warship?

I have two and I really like them, not too flippy but controllable on many lines. They are not a crazy glidy as a domey TP but that's not why I carry them. More for shots 240-300 without much play left or right.

i found a origio burst warship early when i started playing last fall and it was my fav midrange for a while. Today i got the Trilogy vip chameleon warship and it looks like a completely different disc. I came here and found out it was supposed to be domey and not flat like the origio was. Really pretty disc, look forward to playing with it

I have a well worn Origio, and a newer Burst Origio. The old one is kinda flippy but started out as the more flat model described here. The Burst is like all the other Warchips I've thrown, long and straight for the most part.

well the vip chameleon plastic flys great, very straight and long but very hard to see.

well the vip chameleon plastic flys great, very straight and long but very hard to see.

Not hard to understand how color shifting plastic might be hard to see.

yeah, that was the only color and ever since i got the origio burst warship, i ve wanted a more premium one so i scooped it up regardless of color(im usually a pink guy if i can find it). The only other time ive seen one was still in base plastic for halloween.

it was kinda one of those, look.a premium warship, ill buy it. then i threw it yesterday and realized my rookie mistake. Now that i look on ebay they did come out in pink too:doh:

Last edited: