• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside world

Bio Defenders, the couple I've tried, are what I wanted the World to be (straight, quite stable, big fade, but good distance for that stability). I feel like you need a really big arm to use this as a max distance disc

I tried out some defenders yesterday at a nice, wide open ball/disc golf course.

Way overstable. Not what I imagined they'd be. Both the biofuzion and 167 fuzion were what I'd basically categorize as headwind max D drivers, too overstable to get any distance turn on them. For comparison, I was throwing my least stable 170 TP giants in the 380-400' range consistently, and the defender would come up at least 30' short of those. I 100% agree that you need 450'+ of power to use a defender as a max D driver.

My giants, however, were flying great for me yesterday in comparison. Was able to get some good turn and flight out of my flippier ones - so maybe the last sessions of the winter were just oddball where I wasn't throwing them off the tee very well.

^Were they brand new? I've thrown a couple of Bios and one Lucid...Lucid was definitely headwind OS for me, like how my beefy Destroyer started out. The Bio's were similar stability to my Destroyer after being worked in (great straight to fade headwind disc/hyzers), but about 15' longer. After a couple of weeks one definitely showed -0.5 or more of turn, and my friend had it turn over in a moderate headwind, in a surprising way.

So while the Bio's start out feeling headwind OS I think they get worked in pretty quickly to being a good stable-OS golf driver, kind of like how I use my Force (although I can only put the Force out ~375 typically), rather than my beefy Destroyer that is shorter and more OS in all wind.

I've only thrown a couple of Giants and they were more OS than any Defender I've tried. Like utility OS to headwind OS. So I guess there is a lot of variation there for making comparison tricky.

Seeing as you get Giants out up to 400' and can count on them, then maybe try the World out as that should get you more distance at the cost of some turn...but try to look for a more stable one if you can compare wing heights (I've never looked at their PLH side by side, but definitely have thrown very different stabilities of Worlds). I don't think Defender is the right choice in your situation if you already have Giants that you can throw that far, likely with a similar flight path to the Defenders once the new is knocked off of them. The World is definitely longer than the Defender and easier to get to turn. I agree with you that 450' is likely needed to get distance shots out of a Defender, but it's a good disc for different shots for people with less than that power.

Last edited:
So I picked up a 168g VIP World a few months back and it seemed like it was going to be my headwind driver/ hyzer distance driver. So I also grabbed a used/more seasoned 172g TP World for flippier shots. So today my arm was feeling good and I was able to get the more stable VIP one to stand up and glide forward for a good ways, and on another hole I actually flipped it up a bit from a hyzer shot. I like the mold so my question is are there more stable world's than VIP or TP? I've heard of elasto but haven't seen one yet. Or should I go heavy VIP? Or are there no overstable World's?

TLDR: What's the most overstable World? TIA

elasto is the most stable but you loose distance. a vip that has some dome should be stable enough for great distance in moderate winds. if it is real windy no it won't work.

It's all about PLH in Worlds. I remember having a 167g white, almost concave VIP World. That thing was superbeef. Like almost Stiletto beef. The wing was almost at the same level as the "dome". Keep looking, you will eventually find an overstable one!

World

OK, old thread here. Figured I'd chime in. So, I've thrown 2 different Worlds now. Both VIP plastic. One a 174 and the other 170g. These two discs aren't even REMOTELY similar in flight. Both are in good condition and have no obvious signs of wear.

The first World I threw is pretty much a meathook. No high speed turn and it wanted to fade hard. Even if I forced it anny it would drop out of it quickly and go hyzer. Max distance was probably 380'.

This other World (170g) is way different. Lots of high speed turn and very little late fade. I won't call it King or Destiny flippy, but it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I had a couple massive flex bombs with it. Very fast with a ton of glide.

Basically I don't really know what to make of this mold. The 2 Worlds I've thrown are pretty much at opposite ends of the stability spectrum. One is very overstable and the other is moderately flippy.

One thing I will say is that the flippy World is a monster distance disc. I had a couple unreal flex bombs with it today. It reminds me a lot of a faster (yes, this disc is VERY fast) Sheriff.

Flippy World: 14, 5, -3, 3.

Last edited:
Does one have a higher wing or anything to account for the OS? I've heard those exist and that's why I've never tried Worlds but a "not King or Destiny flippy" World sounds like fun. How can you tell the difference?

Does one have a higher wing or anything to account for the OS? I've heard those exist and that's why I've never tried Worlds but a "not King or Destiny flippy" World sounds like fun. How can you tell the difference?

I haven't examined the 2 Worlds side by side to see what's up with them. They sure as heck don't fly similarly though.

The flippy World I have actually is pretty fun. Its a pretty damn long distance bomber with a ton of glide and high speed turn. Pretty easy bombs.

It just isn't what I'd expect when I throw a World.

I haven't examined the 2 Worlds side by side to see what's up with them. They sure as heck don't fly similarly though.

The flippy World I have actually is pretty fun. Its a pretty damn long distance bomber with a ton of glide and high speed turn. Pretty easy bombs.

It just isn't what I'd expect when I throw a World.

When you get a 10-15MPH day try throwing the beefy one straight into it. It may not be as crazy HSS as it seems, and that combined with its super high speed/low profile may get it some really good headwind distance compared to your usual choices. I know my moderately OS one in certain headwinds will just cut through, get a nice bit of turn, and still fade. But it's still finicky enough that I can burn it in hard headwind or crosswind.

It's a strange mold because they get way flippier than expected, as you have found. So I don't know if the beefy ones are actually truly beefy like an OS Destroyer that laughs at any wind.

When you get a 10-15MPH day try throwing the beefy one straight into it. It may not be as crazy HSS as it seems, and that combined with its super high speed/low profile may get it some really good headwind distance compared to your usual choices. I know my moderately OS one in certain headwinds will just cut through, get a nice bit of turn, and still fade. But it's still finicky enough that I can burn it in hard headwind or crosswind.

It's a strange mold because they get way flippier than expected, as you have found. So I don't know if the beefy ones are actually truly beefy like an OS Destroyer that laughs at any wind.

Yeah, I'll have to dig the beefy World out again. Haven't thrown it in a while.

I have a splatter Brinster Destroyer that is simply ungodly overstable. I know its more overstable than my beefy World.

Sorry for the necro bump, but I was at my local disc shop today and saw they had new VIP Worlds in stock for the first time in years!!! I was so excited to see them back on the shelf since I used to love this mold, so I picked one up and man I missed this thing. Especially since my form has improved a lot over the years, I had enough power and control to actually get it to fly like it should. I'm so thrilled it's not extinct and I'll have to pick up a bunch more before they sell out!!!