• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are some good keen shoes for dg?

booter

* Ace Member *
just like it says, im ordering two pairs of keens for myself . im getting aome delaveagas and was looking for suggestions on the 2nd pair. no milos for me since i heard those were junk. any good recommendations,lmk. price isnt an issue.

lmk what ur usin
how much golf u do
and how long youve had them

thx peeps!

I've owned a pair of the Targhee, and I also had a good experience with them.

The DeLaveaga is a newer updated version of the Milo. The Milo is now obsolete. They re-worked the sole, and many other aspects of the shoe, which were meant to address complaints from Milo owners.

Good to hear. i talked to yeti a good bit yesterday as he had some dela's and was mentioning the new one piece bottom on them and said theyve lasted him a while so far so im set on those. looks like i might get some targhee's or a lighter shoe

anybody use the tryon wp's? they look sweet and would be a nice light summer dg shoe

images-1.jpg

Booter said:
Good to hear. i talked to yeti a good bit yesterday as he had some dela's and was mentioning the new one piece bottom on them and said theyve lasted him a while so far so im set on those. looks like i might get some targhee's or a lighter shoe

Is Jay still wearing the pair he got at Worlds in the players package? Curious to see how long they last for a former offensive lineman.

im not sure if theyre the same ones but i can ask. that would be a good indocation to how thosse delaas hold up. his looked good,had wear but not bad at all.

Booter said:
im not sure if theyre the same ones but i can ask. that would be a good indocation to how thosse delaas hold up. his looked good,had wear but not bad at all.

Forgot to mention that Feldberg was gushing about the Keen trail shoes (A86 TR, or similar). That's what he was wearing last time I saw him.

is it the Milo or the Milo II that everyone had problems with? and what is the difference between the Milo II and the De Laveaga?

I've been wearing a pair of newport trail mids for the last couple years. Looks like they aren't available anymore though. I'd probably try a pair of the Siskiyou mids now.

keltik said:
is it the Milo or the Milo II that everyone had problems with? and what is the difference between the Milo II and the De Laveaga?

A lot. Although the biggest difference is molding a single piece for the sole, instead of 2. In the Milo I/II it was 2 pieces, and they tended to separate.

You should really check out these shoes. New Balance 1520. I think they now have a 1521, but I have been wearing the 1520s all year and nothing has worn out yet. Gore tex with Vibram soles.

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?s1=shopping&s2=DF&s3=MO1520GT&style=MO1520GT

Heres a link to the 1521s http://www.shopnewbalance.com/men/shoes/outdoor/multi-sport/MO1521GT

They are by far the best shoes I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable, durable, and my feet stay dry for entire rounds in the rain.

Delaveaga's are pretty popular around here in Keen country. They seem pretty durable having a one piece sole and all.

My Milo II's are pretty awesome, I got them for my birthday in January last year and they're pretty worn in some places but nothing that affects comfort or wearability. I'd imagine they'll last me another 6 months at least before they're absolutely thrashed. They're in great shape for a pair of shoes that have a few hundred miles on them. Still water proof too.

If the Delaveaga's are an improvement in any way from the Milo II's I'd suspect you'd be very happy.

yep, i ordered the dela's and the tryon's . i cant wait, yeti recommended the dela's and feldy recommended the tryons for a lighter shoe so having both of them suggest the two was a good thing.

well i love the dela's most definitely. theyre comfy and fit mmy 4e wide foot with ease. i dont even have to wear them tight. the tread doesnt look as agressive as others but the grip on concrete and anything else is definitely good. looki.g forward to seeing how these wear down etc. they dont feel too clunky at all .

as for the tryon's, i only have a couple rounds on those and so far,theyre ok. theyre not as wide as the dela's but theyre still able to be comfortable . theyre light,agressive tread and waterproof so thats the best of it. now i learned this after a couple rounds one day .i made a mistake of wearing thin socks with the tryon's. during the round i noticed it felt like my feet were sliding around inside the shoes ,indeed they were. i tightened the shoes up and tried again,still everytime i walked down a incline,it was noticeable. i then tightened the shoes so tight that it was uncomfortable to walk. after the rounds i spoke to a buddy who wears tryon's as well and explained the problem.he sughested i wear cotton socks or just thicker socks than i was wearing to solve the prob. i have yet to try this but i will sonner than not. i think itll solve that problem,but for now ill enjoy the delas :)

other than that i havnt had an probs with the shoes. both have good grip with the tryons edging up front with a slightly better grip.

Can you only buy Delaveaga's on Keen's website? I looked on Zappos & Backcountry and they don't sell them. Does any other place sell them? I have Targhees for the winter and I love them. I was thinking of some delaveaga or Tryon's for this summer. Also how did you get a half off coupon?