• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are your favorite straight flying discs?

Ted Bratton

Double Eagle Member
Old Dave D says that he has never liked "hooking" discs and he thinks there is a lot of downsides to them. He thinks the straighter a disc can fly the better it is, the more you can do with it, and the easier it is to throw. As a newbie I used to throw majority hard hookers discs but as my average score inches down I gotta agree with the dude.

Throwing a disc faster puts more pressure on the nose of a disc destabilizing it, turning it over. So we all need different discs for our average speed. What are your discs in your bag that are just so simple and easy to throw straight? What are some your all time favorites that aren't in your bag now?

At the moment for me it's a roach, challenger, beat buzzz, buzzz, mantis, beat avenger, and crank.

My most favorite old flames are a wizard, comet, meteor, beat teebird, beat destroyer, havoc, and king. I had 25 more that flew just as straight but those few were my favs for no logical reason.

My straightest flying discs (or the discs I can hyzer-flip straight) are;
Beat Fluid Judge
Beat in Yeti
Comet
Panther
Beat DX Roc
Leopard
Beat DX Gazelle
Air Escape
Icon Bandit.

For dead straight fairway I would have to say ce jls or semi seasoned qjls. Nothing straighter than a good jls.

Straight mid-mcpro roc3 or lightly seasoned ching roc.

Lots of putters do straight well, I prefer seasoned kc aviars. Also been having fun with the envy.

For me the Atom is the only disc that I carry that goes pretty much exactly straight. Many discs I carry are more or less a 0 net but don't take a straight path to achieve it.

King/Stag/Yao all turn a little but mostly end straight.

PA4 > Comet > Stalker > Valkyrie

All in premium plastic.

Atom and Mako3. Almost straight, just a slight fade, Inertia.

Lol by straight I don't mean the disc doesn't turn or fade. For me when I aim dead straight at the basket I throw with a very small amount of hyzer, it turns over a little, then fades back a little.

Only one real driver mentioned so far, a king. I agree dude my king was easy to throw straight 400+. No big driver love? I love my crank, flies so straight. A little turn, a little fade, lands in line.

Polecat, Berg (different kind of straight), QMS, Comet, FD!, JLS, Cyclone.

TL, beat Rhyno, Mako3 if I throw it properly (we're still getting to know each other)

I have an elite x buzz I pulled out of storage after 5 years and man is that thing straight right at 300 feet. It's so straight I'm afraid to throw it with many trees around. Maybe 2 feet deviation off its flight path until about 5 feet of fade. Now only if I could aim it more consistently.

Zephyr, Aviar PnA, Serpent, Mako, Comet, Beat Roc, Fugitive, s-FD, Star TL, Crave, Beat Teebird