• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are your favorite straight flying discs?

Judge, slightly beat champ Roc3, Beat rival, Thief. I know those last two are basically the same disc, but it's my bag I'll do what I want.

The straightest disc in my collection is a 5x JK Champ signed by the champ herself. First disc I threw over 300 feet and can now get it past 350 regularly. I love Valkyries. Best speed nine driver for any arm speed.

Proto PA4, worn DX Roc, Star TL, GStar Destroyer (because it doesn't skip as hard as my Stars). I also used to throw a Champ Tern that ended basically right where I was aiming (after turning and fading that is).

That destroyer doesn't sound too terribly easy to throw straight, but your old tern sounds like a gem!

Where are all the true drivers? Sometimes you gotta throw really straight and extra far!

Don't fear the wide rims! The star or gstar tern is coincidentally my recommendation to any of you that don't have a main driver that is easy to throw straight and extra far from a standard hyzer release. Nikko approves, check out the end of the trail classic 2015 video to see him throw some amazing shots with his yellow champ tern. My noodle armed buddy just got a brand new star that is stable for him right now which makes it PERFECT for headwinds and hyzers. It stretches his hyzer distance out way farther. It will wear in pretty quickly though, his old star tern was even better for his straight shots than his worn wraith.

Seasoned SP/Glow Squall, lightly seasoned Proline/old run D-Line Aftershock, seasoned Proline Titanic (all around 170g).

RDG Serpent <150'
Lucid Truth 100'-250'
Pro-D Buzzz OS 100'-250' in headwinds

200'-300'+
Beat 3rd Run C-FD in zero wind
Beat Proto P-FD in a tailwind
Worn in 5th run C-FD in a headwind

Zero hard Pure and Z Predator.

you should give the predator a shot, you can throw it really hard and get some turn, but i cant get it to crash and burnt at all. I only throw 360 on a good day tough, but it just wants to go straight. Pretty true -1/1. Never thrown a buzzz, but I hear it's basically the same flight, just like 75 ft farther than the buzzz.

Zero hard Pure and Z Predator.

you should give the predator a shot, you can throw it really hard and get some turn, but i cant get it to crash and burnt at all. I only throw 360 on a good day tough, but it just wants to go straight. Pretty true -1/1. Never thrown a buzzz, but I hear it's basically the same flight, just like 75 ft farther than the buzzz.

Sorry sorry sorry. Hungover hahaha

I meant Stalker. I was just reading about predators haha.

At least their in the same Creepo catagory of disc names.

Sorry sorry sorry. Hungover hahaha

I meant Stalker. I was just reading about predators haha.

At least they're in the same Creepo category of disc names.

^^^^THIS!!!!

Some of the names have always made me scratch my head. I think the name "Stalker" has actually kept me from buying that disc.

I used to have an Atlas that would do nothing but fly straight. Had until I griplocked it and it went straight... Straight into the top of a pine tree.
I am currently bagging a Z Express that flies dead straight with a slight fade that is disappearing as it beats in.
I also bag a star Leopard that will fly straight and just lay down with almost no fade.
If there is a headwind or room for a fade, a flat, full power rip on a Buzzz OS puts it on a dead straight line but there is always a fade or if I throw it low enough, a decent skip at the end.

pure, glow mako, axis, qms all straight with no fade
I'd consider the pd to be very straight but with some fade.
champ fds end up straight where they land but they definitely have highspeed turn.

I like my nova and tangent for straight. Dx thunderbird for beautiful straight hyzerflips.

Challenger (beat)
Supersoft Omega (thing just glides and glides)
Mace
underworld (hyzer flipper)
Saint
lace (when i had one)

Latest posts