• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What are your Headwind and Tailwind drivers?

wind in the face gets a fresh star boss, or xxx if it's really blowin hard.
tailwind gets a lace or a beat 158g blizzard boss.

So right now there are a lot of threads on what type of driver or midrange or putter you should be throwing in a headwind or a tailwind.

I think these are bad questions, and here is why.

The type of wind you are throwing with or against is only one aspect of the throw you are facing. The wind GIVES ABSOLUTELY NO INDICATION what type of line you need! If I am facing a 15mph headwind and I need a 90 degree right turn that's 250' long and have to throw RHBH, I am not going to be throwing a "headwind mid" like a gator, M1, Tensor etc. I am going to throw something stable flat and high, and let the wind turn it over.

If I am facing a 20mph tailwind and I need a 400' hard left turning shot, I am not going to be throwing a "tailwind driver" like a Valk, Amp, Fury etc. I am going to throw a Volt 15' high with some hyzer, or maybe a Servo.

Golf isn't something you can always narrow down to little nuggets of wisdom like "headwind throw OS, tailwind throw US," because a real round is not that simple. There are a lot more factors at play than the wind alone. What course are you on? What hole? How far can you throw? How many throwing styles can you use?

This is compounded by the fact that just because a given disc works for one particular thrower during a certain type of wind, does not mean it will work for you. Different skill levels, elevation etc.
:thmbup:

That "said"...
Headwind: Resistor...maybe with wind more moderate or light a Shock or Teebird...or Crave :)

Tailwind: Been experimenting with this... Amp, RR, Leopard, Valkyrie...or Crave :D