• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What bag slot are you struggling to fill?

My biggest struggle has always been the control to max D turnover disc. Something that will turnover easily, but still stand up enough to not turn into a roller.

This one for me too. I have one perfect Z Nuke that I use for my max distance turnovers. However, none of my other 6 Z Nukes fly the same. Some of them won't flip up at all, some of them flip too much to be controllable. I just can't find another one like the one I love.

I have thought of ditching the Nukes for something else, but Katanas are also inconsistent, Kings are inconsistent, Cannons are inconsistent, D4s are inconsistent, etc. I don't even need them to be all perfectly like each other, just that I could somewhat easily find a few that are just as I like them. But for some reason these understable max speed drivers seem to be all over the stability spectrum regardless of manufacturer.

This one for me too. I have one perfect Z Nuke that I use for my max distance turnovers. However, none of my other 6 Z Nukes fly the same. Some of them won't flip up at all, some of them flip too much to be controllable. I just can't find another one like the one I love.

I have thought of ditching the Nukes for something else, but Katanas are also inconsistent, Kings are inconsistent, Cannons are inconsistent, D4s are inconsistent, etc. I don't even need them to be all perfectly like each other, just that I could somewhat easily find a few that are just as I like them. But for some reason these understable max speed drivers seem to be all over the stability spectrum regardless of manufacturer.
Have you tried a Bolt from Latitude? Those are nice big D turnover drivers.

2) Understable, stand-and-deliver driver used for upshots and approaches in situations where I cannot take a step with a mid or putter. In the past I have used a Mamba. Recently I tried the Champion Roadrunner, but it is fast enough to be too stable at the low speed, high snap I am looking for. Currently I am using a Pro Leopard because I love how it fits into my hand (which is the key component of stand and deliver clean releases).

Diamond or Air Saint! Diamond is workable from a standstill and clean form. Air Saint is flexible, has good fade, some turn when thrown hard and flat.

Diamond or Air Saint! Diamond is workable from a standstill and clean form. Air Saint is flexible, has good fade, some turn when thrown hard and flat.

Thrown them both, not what I am looking for. I need something that can handle all arm and snap but no body; basically a ton of sudden torque but no real speed. Diamonds and Saints depend a lot on glide, but do not have the weight necessary to maintain forward momentum. A 175g Mamba was decent but currently I am going with a Pro Leopard because I like its grip.

This is a stand and deliver shot I hope never to use, but it seems I need it once every other round. The disc needs to be understable enough to ensure that it will not fade out, especially early in the flight, but needs to be heavy enough to have momentum, especially if it needs to fight through something.

I'm struggling with an understable mid, had a buzzz ss that worked for a while, but my form was bad and I was turning it over too much. Then would throw a wolf and a big hyzer and let it flip up, but that was because that was the only thing I had. Now I am using an old first run Star Mako, and my natural throw makes it go dead straight, but I just put it on a little turn and it holds that really well.

I have tried almost every disc currently in production. The majority of my bag is set. For the most part it is the utility discs I am still struggling with; trying to find a combination that can justify being in the larger bag.

At that last tournament, my drives and approaches should have had me at 4 or 5 under par for each round, but I pulled in a 3 over and 1 over strictly because of putting. I drive and approach like I should be in advance, but my putting does not allow me to be competitive.

I wish I had the arm, I have my great days and bad days but most of the time I putt like I am advanced/open, upshot advanced but drive intermediate lengths on open holes. When the woods are tight I am fine because it brings the guys with 500 ft length back to earth but they can also throw mids where I can toss a driver. When it comes to leagues there is a huge gap from open to advanced because most of the top ams move up to pro(guys who should be pro all the time anyways). You can win Advanced alot of the time shooting -1 to -3 with maybe a couple times a year someone shoots crazy. Once your pro it takes -3 to cash and -6 or 7 to win but if you finish top 3 too much people tell you your a bagger!

I have really been struggling to find a good putter that works for me I've been through all kinds of putters trying to find which one fits me best. All the putters I have ever tried have just felt okay in my hands but nothing has clicked. I have been trying out the Wizard lately and I believe I found the one :clap: but man it has been a long struggle :wall:

I'm trying to step up from Cyclones to a distance driver, like the 9 range. So far trying Wildcats and Undertows.

My trouble shot is the fairly straight 330-350'. I don't like powering down a driver to that level, but don't like trying to push my Roc/drone/king cobra there since i lose accuracy. Might have to put the leopard back in the bag. Had changed it out for a viking for my turnover driver and love it, but the viking might just go to far on those anny/straight w/out much fade shots. Don't want both of them though, too many discs to carry, dangit

Get a westside warship...right in between mid and fairway and straight

I'm trying to step up from Cyclones to a distance driver, like the 9 range. So far trying Wildcats and Undertows.
I found the Wildcat to be the perfect step up from the Cyclone. Flash might be good too, but I skipped that one. While the Wildcat is not my fastest/longest driver, it has some unique properties that makes it impossible to remove from my bag. Really love it for flicks.

I'm looking for something more stable than the Avenger SS but less stable than the Teebird. Might give TL a shot

I found the Wildcat to be the perfect step up from the Cyclone. Flash might be good too, but I skipped that one. While the Wildcat is not my fastest/longest driver, it has some unique properties that makes it impossible to remove from my bag. Really love it for flicks.

Yeah, it's lame they stopped making them in Z. Although they feel very different, I've found wildcats and valks fly very similarly.

Latest posts