• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What bag slot are you struggling to fill?

I'm looking for something more stable than the Avenger SS but less stable than the Teebird. Might give TL a shot

Not sure if serious....

But, a TL would be one to try, an Eagle would be another.

Or you could get a lighter Teebird and beat it in.

definitely serious. why?

It's a very broad category you asked about. The equivalent would be "I want to get a two door sports car, but I'm looking for something between a Corvette and a Miata"

You named two discs that are about as far apart in stability as you could.

I didn't mean to be a d#ck, I just couldn't tell if you were trolling.

But yeah, check out TLs, I found mine to be a little understable, but maybe that was just mine. Also, try different plastics and weights as they'll give much different stabilities

I want a stable to overstable version of the Lat 64 river. Something with a similar feel and glide, but great HSS and dependable fade. It's windy here, and the River, Saint and escape all have some struggles in headwinds.

I concur. Especially since i lost my teebird today. That slot needs to be filled by lat 64. I did try a rival on a few holes today. That might be promising. I also want to try the DD version.

My fairway slot is bugging me right now. I finally threw a new run Shock, and it is money. Flies some really cool lines. What I'm thinking I might do is do a Volt/Shock combo. I have a straight Volt, flippy Volt and that new Shock. I also have a FR Shock that is fliptastic, so I might use that as a Understable fairway instead of the flippy Volt. I don't know.

looking for something I can backhand in the 267'-268' range with a bit of turn and some decent fade ... a domey Zone would be ideal

Something I can forehand directly into the wind and not gave it become a roller!!

A Banshee, if that's not stable enough go with a Firebird or Predator, if they're not stable enough go with a Monster. If that's not stable enough, go with a Max.

And if that's not stable enough, work on your form cause it's not the disc.

Q: What bag slot are you struggling to fill?
A: One I can hit chains with from 300' out.

Joking aside, not that they're necessarily better or anything, but Innova alone has enough stuff out there to fill pretty much every slot/need in every bag. I'm not saying they're stuff's better than anyoneo elses, just that all by themselves, they offer a pretty incredible range of speeds, stabilities, and flight attributes to cover the gamut.

Add in all the offerings from Discraft, Latitude, Gateway, Vibram, Millenium, and now prodigy, and DD, and I don't know that anyone should really have to "struggle" to fill any slots. :|

A controllable distance driver (speed 12 is ideal) that i can find abudantly and cheaply. Would be star destroyer but most are aware of the bs that comes along with finding a good destroyer.

* edit
Not looking for suggestions really. Im mostly just super picky

this is the same issue I've had for years. I'll probably just stick with the trespass since it comes cheap in the biofuzion plastic.

Joking aside, not that they're necessarily better or anything, but Innova alone has enough stuff out there to fill pretty much every slot/need in every bag. I'm not saying they're stuff's better than anyoneo elses, just that all by themselves, they offer a pretty incredible range of speeds, stabilities, and flight attributes to cover the gamut.

Add in all the offerings from Discraft, Latitude, Gateway, Vibram, Millenium, and now prodigy, and DD, and I don't know that anyone should really have to "struggle" to fill any slots. :|

I take your point to an extent, but I would make a distinction between the right disc existing and what it takes to find that disc. Part of that process is learning what you want in a disc in general, and for a certain role in particular. Where you fall on the spectrum of finickiness and wind fighting will determine which you prefer between a River, FD, and a Leopard, for instance. Do you want the sick glide of a Stag, the relative immovability of a Banshee, or a compromise between the two in a Teebird? Those three discs could cover one to three slots themselves, depending on your philosophy. If you covet light weights, Innova's discs provide you with less head aches Latitude 64's, and that almost rules out MVP right there. These aren't necessarily answers one has out of the gate: it takes time to learn what you want in a disc or a specific role, and it was that learning process that I was curious about.

I'm also looking for an understable fairway that doesn't dump off, but turns enough to turn a corner.

Turn a corner at what distance?

Depending on the situation, I'll turnover a River or my beat Champ Glow Leopard around a corner. But I enjoy throwing a high anny with a Buzzz or Buzzz SS and watching it flatten out around that corner and just gliiiiiiiiide the rest of the way.

I also saw the understable midrange comment. I throw a Meteor and love it, but I also have a GL Fuse I like. Flippier than both of these is the Tursas I got in the DD Misprints Pack. It flips so much I really can't throw it effectively, or else I really have to power it down smoothly.

The slot Im trying to fill this year is... Max D. I basically disced down after realizing my form was terrible and only threw mids and putters for a long time. Now Im looking to fill my bag and which only includes fairways, mids and putts at the moment. Id like a disc that has more distance than my saints which is currently my distance driver, but i would also like it to be my only mold above speed 9. I also would like it to be a good wind fighter. Basically I just want it to be my go to distance disc. Id like it to be in the Lat family but any suggestions would be appreciated.

@ JoeBob21, try an Air Giant. It's a surprisingly easy thrower compared to the VIP and Tournament versions.

Latest posts