• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do I have?

Chris A1

I would like to get an opinion on a few disc's. Need to know what run and what price you think I can get for them. I am trying to sale them for a friend and we have a difference of opinion as to what I can get for them.

First up:

CE FX Firebird
fb_f.jpg

It shows 168g.. Has been thrown.. Has ink.. 8 out of 10.

CE TeeBird TL
tb_f.jpg

It shows 174g.. Has been thrown.. No ink.. Still has flashing 9 out of 10.

CHAINS AVIAR
SMA_f.jpg

It shows 175g.. never thrown.. MINT.. 10 out of 10.

If any of you can provide what run and aprox price that would be great.

Regards
-Chris A

firebird at least 30 in trade....price depends on ink mostly so if no ink maybe 35

TL depends on the run but around 25 in trade.

chains avair...not sure but people here love them that mint should get a few interested people for wall hanger folks so 30..

remember these are guesses but i'm sure that you will have many offers for trade. that is where the true value of these discs in trade. enjoy the pms!

Steve said:
I would ebay them and let the market determine the price. CE stuff will get good money on ebay.
eBay is not the market. elnino would be pretty close to value, but the chains aviar and TL would probably go for more.

Why is that a TL and not a TB? All CE TeeBirds were the L-mold? Some fine print I'm missing?

riverboy said:
Steve said:
I would ebay them and let the market determine the price. CE stuff will get good money on ebay.
eBay is not the market. elnino would be pretty close to value, but the chains aviar and TL would probably go for more.

How the hell can you say eBay is "not" the market? Of course it is.

The firebird I would expect to sell for roughly $40 on eBay. The TL probably about the same. There's not a lot of demand for TL's on eBay, if it were a T it would be $80+ EASY. The CE Firebirds are pretty desirable but the fact that it has ink will hurt it's value a lot.

jubuttib said:
Why is that a TL and not a TB? All CE TeeBirds were the L-mold? Some fine print I'm missing?

Not all are L molds.

Jeronimo said:
Not all are L molds.
I missed the "fine print", namely the "CE TeeBird TL" part. They didn't bother stamping them differently those days? Sucks.

They did write it in ink on the back where you would normally see the two letter code identifying the disc just under the weight (or above).

Jeronimo said:
They did write it in ink on the back where you would normally see the two letter code identifying the disc just under the weight (or above).
Yeah, I figured they'd at least do that. Still, sucks about the stamp. That's the main thing I hate about Innova, the constantly changing molds and the fact that you have to be a serious disc nerd to notice it in the store.

To be completely fair and honest I've yet to find a company that doesn't seriously screw up their molds at some point. I've become latitude wary because of run to run variation, Innova is no different, I've never held two Gateway Wizards that felt the same, Discraft has had various iterations of stuff like the Surge, etc... The best advice I've ever heard and would repeat is that when you find a run you really like, buy a dozen back ups. I am doing this with the Opto River right now, cause I'm horrified the mold might change just like the Riot's did.

Jeronimo said:
That's the main thing I hate about Innova, the constantly changing molds and the fact that you have to be a serious disc nerd to notice it in the store.

I resemble that remark. lol :)

So as far as E-bay is concerned... My original appraisal was $40 for the TL and $30 - $40 for the FX.. So lets call that $70.. My next question is... Do you think I would I get more selling that in a lot or individual? If it were a lot type sale I would Include a CE eagle with it. Green with white stamp and more clear than solid color. Ink on the CE eagle is in pen not sharpie, It still has flashing and it's stable as hell!:)

To reiterate: Lot is CE FX, CE TL, CE E, All have been thrown, 2 have ink, 2 still have flashing, CE FX = 8 out of 10, CE TL = 9 out of 10, CE E = 9 out of 10.

Do you think I would be better off selling as a lot or individual? My goal would be around $130.00 after e-bay shipping and pay-pal fees . I know its kinda a crap shoot. My buddy needs cash not disc's. :) If I can make a good turn on these disc for him then I can convince him to let go of some nicer plastic.

Regards
-Chris A

Do them individually and offer combined shipping on multiple items or free shipping. There is nothing disc golfers like more on ebay than free shipping and CE (except maybe blueberry) :)

I think individually would be better than as a group
but do what Steve said re the shipping aspect

alternatively
sell me the FX and save the eBay fees

Jeronimo said:
riverboy said:
Steve said:

How the hell can you say eBay is "not" the market? Of course it is.

The firebird I would expect to sell for roughly $40 on eBay. The TL probably about the same. There's not a lot of demand for TL's on eBay, if it were a T it would be $80+ EASY. The CE Firebirds are pretty desirable but the fact that it has ink will hurt it's value a lot.

jubuttib said:

Not all are L molds.
Let me rephrase. eBay is indeed a market, but it is a very different kind of market. Everything there is subject to unbelievable, often artificial, inflation. See your recent posts about how you drove some discs up in price.
It can even work in the opposite direction. I often see collector discs going there for very cheap, things that should go for much more. The market there is filled with people who don't know what to pay to both ends of the spectrum. While it's true you could likely get more money for your CE by putting it on eBay, sometimes it's less. It is not a stable market.
I'm fairly tired as I write this so I hope I make sense.

Latest posts