• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do to come up with dying ideas?

egarnaat

I have three blank discs that are waiting for dye but I can't come up with any new ideas. I wondered what you guys do to come up with new dying ideas?

I am new to the dyeing game but I know that for me........... sometimes it's a movie, a billboard, a song, a label, etc.

Sometimes just the disc name gives me an idea.

I know the issue well I have 30+ white disc just waiting for dye.

What are the discs? A lot of the guys here base them (Sometimes loosely) on the type of disc being dyed.

Idea #1: Do one of that has the Cheshire Cats eyes and smile from the Alice in Wonderland theme...that would look cool.

I just scour the interweb for pictures I would like to see on a disc or may provide the challenge I am looking for at the moment. You will find some great sites if you look hard enough for images.

Pick something you like, and see if you can find a stencil for that.

it gets difficult after a while.. especially when its one of your own discs and you don't just want a basic black stencil anymore

go through the dye-a-day thread if you haven't before
bottlecaps are also fun

If you can find something personal it will almost always make for an original disc, look thru your old stuff with a "dye it on a disc" eye. I found that skeleton dog in an old stack of stickers.
Yawpstangs point is very good one, anything round to start with, like bottlecaps and coasters will make your job a lot easier.
Also I like google images-line drawings, after about the 10th page you can really start to come up with some bizarre stuff (and I like that :)).
searched cheshire cat
cheshire_kitty_tattoo_by_cuba12.png

Ok...thanks for the future NIGHTMARES, Dan!

Kidding...I think you could cut that down to the head and it would look cool. Color would look cook too...I bet a pic with the hookah smoking caterpillar full color would look great...

If you can find something personal it will almost always make for an original disc, look thru your old stuff with a "dye it on a disc" eye. I found that skeleton dog in an old stack of stickers.
Yawpstangs point is very good one, anything round to start with, like bottlecaps and coasters will make your job a lot easier.
Also I like google images-line drawings, after about the 10th page you can really start to come up with some bizarre stuff (and I like that :)).
searched cheshire cat

YOINK!!!! Thanks for the image

I was going to put Casey Anthony on my champ monster. My wife tells me that it's not funny but I think it is some nice sick twisted humor. Your thoughts?

I was going to put Casey Anthony on my champ monster. My wife tells me that it's not funny but I think it is some nice sick twisted humor. Your thoughts?

I forget who it was that had the idea, but that would go great with the "famous serial killers" dye set

Ok...thanks for the future NIGHTMARES, Dan!

Kidding...I think you could cut that down to the head and it would look cool. Color would look cook too...I bet a pic with the hookah smoking caterpillar full color would look great...

You mean something likethis?

01-27-10_1954.jpg

Dan is sick.

searched cheshire cat
Dan, you are a bit sick aren't you? That is what I like about you. :gross: