• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you throw?

discgolfer09 said:
what innova discs are most like the pred and force?
firebird and Xcaliber, but why not just get a pred and a force? i assume you are not sponsored by innova

I'm not sure stiff headwind max D is relevant for playing disc golf because usually one needs to lower expectations. And risks multiply in those conditions so the slightest error gets multiplied to horror. But a long headwind disc can often be the only option of getting away from a bogey too so it's relevant because super pigs that are short don't always give a good placement either. Therefore I nominate a Quest DD a bit tuned and an ESP 175 Flash with poppy top. Quest Double D because it's pigly and so fast that winds don't bother it as much and it's reasonably straight for quite far with enough wind. Flash in only that more than usual overstable variation because it also penetrates very very well and ain't as flippy as an Xcal or a Boss in a headwind.

Flat, open, 1.2 SOLF. But much more wind, gusts, hills/tree breaks to change the discs felt nose angle, Predator.