• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

Mako is pretty darn stright.
Buzzz Fades a little when beat dead straight disc
A nicely seasoned stalker will flip and never fade with a little hyzer.
Ions can be a mid. If you throw a Challenger or Wizard Hard enough they are very straaight as well from 150 to 250.

I would also throw a TL in the mix..

^^ This is your answer, if you're counting fairways alongside mids- of which, I cannot condone whatsoever. TL is your longest dead straight disc you're going to find out of the box. Otherwise, look into Stalkers, Beat up Teebirds, Buzzz, or Magnets if you count putters, because I count putters as Mids, and since they're no different than a fairway for you, might as well consider them.

GL River is my straight fairway choice. Opto Core or Aurora MS for dead straight mids.

I use my Ion as a mid a lot. It can be thrown straight, but works lines well, too. So if I miss it is gone on that line.

My wife throws a fuse dead straight.

My best recommendation is to agree with the Mako. I have one that I field throw. Straight from start to finish, easy to throw and can handle some power. Decent at working lines, but you want straight, Mako is it. My favorite thing about the Mako is the grip. I have never had a bad release with this disc. But, I still don't carry it. I can usually make my X Comet do the same flight if I need to, and it does everything else better.

I can't believe only one person has mentioned the core. It falls directly between a midrange and a fairway driver. It's faster than a buzz and just as straight.

Mids: fuse, mako, and comet. Comet is my favorite.
Fairs: xl, jls, and leopard. These vary between plastics but will all ideally be straight. If they are turning right, either add hyzer on release or slow your speed down and add snap.
A TL will be simillar but with a stiffer hss and lil more fade.
A gazelle or cyclone is used by many for straight lines but imo they do have a lil turn and fade to their flight usually.

Impacts are crappy, flippy storms that get dirt in their hatch mark pattern. They are inbetween a mid and fairway and are straightish but I found them to have too sensitive of turn to really get on it.

For my arm...

Buzzz, Cro, Aurora MS or Aftershock are straight mids.
TL, Polaris LS or Stalker for fairway drivers. (The Polaris LS will go the most distance)

Staright line...

I ditto the Star Mako (love me my Star plastic), but I honestly think the Buzzz is even more dead on. Just recently got a Buzzz and it is a great disc. Hope you find what works for you...

1.esp comet
2.star mako
3.esp buzz
4.esp meteor
It all depends on how you throw that is true but i will bet regardless on how you throw 1 of these disc will work for you!!!

Im set when it comes to mids with different beatnesses of Buzzzes. I am trying to settle on a fairway driver though.

Currently Im auditioning a River against my stalkers, and I plan on throwing a Leopard into the mix. Any other discs in premium plastics that should join the fight with those three?

Gateway Sabre is the straightest fairway i have thrown, but leopards, stalkers, and eagle L's are all pretty straight too, but have either turn fade or both FOR ME, may be different for you

As far as mids go Buzzz takes the cake in my opinion haven't thrown any other straight flyer but I don't plan on it unless its free

Discraft Stratus

Discraft-discgolf-longrange-X-Stratus.gif

Last edited:
Im set when it comes to mids with different beatnesses of Buzzzes. I am trying to settle on a fairway driver though.

Currently Im auditioning a River against my stalkers, and I plan on throwing a Leopard into the mix. Any other discs in premium plastics that should join the fight with those three?

I use a pro TL. It's oop and doesn't quite count as premium plastic but the grip is great and I haven't had a problem with durability. It's a little less stable than the star TL's I've tried and I imagine it throws more like a leopard. I also just recently retired my z stalker and replaced it with a worn in dx eagle. There's nothing inherently bad about baseline plastic and after they get beat to a certain point, they don't really get "more beat" for a long time so as long as you're planning on using the "beat flight" and not the "new flight" you should be good to go.

To the OP: My comets are the straightest discs in my bag start to finish when I want them to be.