• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

Esp meteor

Easy throw 100 to 250 dead straight. Can go alot farther if you start adding a hyzer release.

Best glide of any disc I have tried. On downhill holes it usually can go farther then my drivers

I like using my Opto Fuse for dead straight shots.I also have a nicely seasoned Z Buzzz that's a good straight flyer but its not as straight as the Fuse for me.

for fairway drivers i would recommend a TL or Leopard. for mids- Buzzz, Spider, Roc...

I have a Star Mako 180g. The Mako is my go to disc for floaty/straight shots. If you just float it out there with no spin it fades a bit left at the end. If you give it some spin you can throw it dead straight. If you really spin it you will slightly turn it over and it will fade right.

Really the Mako goes pretty much wherever you throw it and once you figure it out you will be amazed at its ability to hit lines. The cons of the Mako is that once it beats in.. it becomes harder and harder to throw it out there hard without slightly turning it over and it fading right. So if you are looking for something you can put some oomph on and keep a straight line I'm not sure the Mako is what you are looking for. If you want something that is more of gliding accuracy shot then the Mako is exactly what you are looking for.

If you are looking for something to put some heat on and keep a straight line a lot of the others people are saying is what you should try. One that I'll add in there that doesn't get much love on this site is the Evo Gateway Warrior. You can get a really predictable slight fade on the end of a beautiful hard straight shot with the Warrior.

i gotta say my leopard is the straight flyer in my bag and my favorite for wooded courses..maybe try a lighter leopard.

You know it really depends on what your power level is.

What distance is your drive with a Leopard?

i gotta say my leopard is the straight flyer in my bag and my favorite for wooded courses..maybe try a lighter leopard.

Chalk up another vote for a lighter leopard...it's important to have something light enough to get enough spin on it to make it work properly, maybe throw a lower line. Or if you have it in Champion plastic check out a DX on in a similar weight.

Personally I'd throw a Buzzz or Comet. Comets #1 choice for most shots but Buzzz for a more stable finish, in headwind, or on a flat lazer line.. again not max weight, I've got a beat in 170 Z for those shots, a 174 for a little more of a hook or small S. Leopard flies further but I can place either Mid with less fade or error, I'll take 35ft less for more accuracy and still get 250ft.

Last edited:
Can't beat a nice Z Buzzz for those lazer-beam shots.

But I also have a 180 FR Star Shark that might just be the straightest disc I've ever thrown.

I would have to say a buzzz or a fuse in the mid's.... both go dead straight for me... the buzzz has a little more fade at the end of the flight

In the fairway driver category a stalker is basically a longer buzzz... mine holds any line I put it on out of the box and when beat in, I can flip it up and it still goes dead straight.. Or you might try a river... It fades a little at the very end, but is mainly straight with SUPER glide

It really depends on how you throw and your power. I'd say Roc, Buzzz, Core, Comet, Fuse, Ion, Leopard, River, Teebird and Striker. Pick the one that best suits you.

champion cobra

Kite is super glidey and pretty straight. It has a bit of an understable flight path, but hyzer flipping or powering it down a bit will give you a really long, straight flight.

With the right throw, Impacts go almost dead straight and have tons of glide -- I really like mine.

Garret

You can throw a lot of discs straight. But the straightest disc out there IMO is the Buzzz. Throw it flat, and straight is all it wants to do.

Mako is easily the straightest, and easiest to keep straight disc I have thrown.

Buzzz and leopard are right there also. Try different weights on the leopard to find the money spot for you.

CryZtal buzzz is the most understable imo. Z or brand new EliteX one buzzzes are really straight.

My vote is the comet though.

Latest posts