• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is the plastic this destroyer made of?

dx/r-pro hybrid, new Hydra-style. If you check out the "ask dave dunicpice" thread at the pdga forums, he explains it. It's from a "rare" test batch, but I wouldn't buy into the hype. That kid who's selling it just buys discs off of herodiscs. com and sells them as "rare" with a huge mark-up. There are tons of discs out there that are "rare" and aren't worth a damn. If the plastic hasn't been proven to be a good product (like CE was, for example) then it isn't worth it.

sure does look cool, weird seeing a dx stamp on champion looking plastic. Maybe this will make it to general release someday.

What I've understood it's a combination of DX's durability and Champion's grippyness. You do the math...

His overuse of exclamation points makes me think he's yelling at me!

You know the really light R-Pro plastic that is essentially transparent? It's that. It's nothing special, I fell for it a couple of months ago and I haven't touched mine since I got it. Do not trust Discgolfmuseum on eBay, buy from him all you want, just don't trust anything he says about the discs.

Same durability as r-pro/dx which means its NOT durable. It feels like ordinary old dx.

I met the guy selling these (Discgolfmuseum dude, his name's Mike) when I was living in Texas and he showed me one. He was trying to say it was more like CE plastic, but to me it seemed like a grippy R-Pro blend. Not quite as hard as say a Dragon or Hydra but just about as grippy. I can't believe he's trying to charge 100 bucks for one of those now. What a joke. :lol:

Jeronimo said:
You know the really light R-Pro plastic that is essentially transparent? It's that. It's nothing special, I fell for it a couple of months ago and I haven't touched mine since I got it. Do not trust Discgolfmuseum on eBay, buy from him all you want, just don't trust anything he says about the discs.

Same durability as r-pro/dx which means its NOT durable. It feels like ordinary old dx.
Dude is kind of shady, you are right. I would not buy anything from him, EVER.

For anyone else that deals with eBay:

Take caution when dealing with "go-graphics", he's even worse scum than discgolfmuseum...

Most likely it is some form of sanoprene.
If the product has a specific gravity of less than .1 it
will float. not sure if I got the name or meas. right but I
think I'm close.