• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the ruling on this one?

Looks to me like someone just put the snake up there for the shot. No reason for a snake to be up there. This isn't some scary snake movie. Doubtful it was there before the putt.

I don't know I've seen snakes in some crazy places. Maybe he saw a bird hanging out on top of the basket so he decided to climb up and wait for another one. Not saying that one wasn't staged but I could def. see a snake checking out a basket.

Why? It's better than what most people do which is hack it to death with some blunt hoe or run over half of it. It killed them instantly.

Because it's wrong and horrible to kill a beneficial, innocent creature. Seriously why would you kill it? Would you kill a turtle found on the course? Humans are cruel beasts sometimes...

Because it's wrong and horrible to kill a beneficial, innocent creature. Seriously why would you kill it? Would you kill a turtle found on the course? Humans are cruel beasts sometimes...

No worries I am 95% they ate them after breaking said neck.

:)
Humans and house cats are the only animals on this planet who kill for purposes other than food or defense.

Why do you need a ruling here ? The discs are allready in the basket, the put counts.

Now just wait 20 sec till the snake has gone, then play on. Nothing to see here.

:)
Humans and house cats are the only animals on this planet who kill for purposes other than food or defense.

Humans are not animals.

How are humans not animals?

We are mammals in fact.

i'd have grabbed an axe and put a dent in my basket.....

over a black rat snake? its amazing to me me how an adult human can be so afraid of an animal with no arms or legs, and literally no ability to do any damage.
just look at this wild yellow rat snake try to kill me! oh my god run the other way! no, kill it quick! i guess i should have just ran it over rather than stopping to get it out of the road. stupid me being rational, i gotta stop doing that.
DSCF1653.jpg

snakes are one of the only wild animals on the planet that will allow you to handle them. try doing that with a cute little bunny and it will bite yer damn finger off.

cool pic of the snake by the way. thanks for sharing.

We are literally covered in black snakes some years, and between them and hawks the rabbit population gets decimated. We don't even hunt rabbits anymore b/c they have enough predators as it is, although they are much tastier than snakes. So if my belated Pop pop deemed it necessary to eliminate one black snake from his farm 10-15 years ago I'm sorry. :|

over a black rat snake? its amazing to me me how an adult human can be so afraid of an animal with no arms or legs, and literally no ability to do any damage.
just look at this wild yellow rat snake try to kill me! oh my god run the other way! no, kill it quick! i guess i should have just ran it over rather than stopping to get it out of the road. stupid me being rational, i gotta stop doing that.
DSCF1653.jpg

snakes are one of the only wild animals on the planet that will allow you to handle them. try doing that with a cute little bunny and it will bite yer damn finger off.

lol i'm not afraid of the snake, just hate them! u think someone scared of something would run after it? or run away?

Dont look like you might know the answer... Allow me

Someone afraid of it would run away.

Keep picking em up, hang em around your neck... i'll be the one laughing my tail off when it bites ya in the face or on your arm... or anywhere

Read this :

Dry snakebites, and those inflicted by a non-venomous species, can still cause severe injury to the victim. There are several reasons for this: a snakebite which is not treated properly may become infected (as is often reported by the victims of viper bites whose fangs are capable of inflicting deep puncture wounds), the bite may cause anaphylaxis in certain people, and the snake's saliva and fangs may harbor many dangerous microbial contaminants, including Clostridium tetani. If neglected, an infection may spread and potentially kill the victim.

^ keep picking them up genious

DSCF1653.jpg

My fear of snakes is totally and completely irrational. I will fully admit that. Still.....those little b-tards creep me out something fierce. Also, I know about as much about snakes as Innova knows about making a consistant mold:) So for all I know, you could tell me that that is the Australian-King-Kong-Jedi-Viper and the most poisenous snake in the 7 known galaxies and WTF do I know? I prefer to play it simple/stupid and keep it safe. I see a snake...I just go the other way. Snake is crawling towards me....I move.
I throw my putter into a basket with a snake....I need a new putter:)

lol i'm not afraid of the snake, just hate them! u think someone scared of something would run after it? or run away?

Dont look like you might know the answer... Allow me

Someone afraid of it would run away.

Keep picking em up, hang em around your neck... i'll be the one laughing my tail off when it bites ya in the face or on your arm... or anywhere

Read this :

Dry snakebites, and those inflicted by a non-venomous species, can still cause severe injury to the victim. There are several reasons for this: a snakebite which is not treated properly may become infected (as is often reported by the victims of viper bites whose fangs are capable of inflicting deep puncture wounds), the bite may cause anaphylaxis in certain people, and the snake's saliva and fangs may harbor many dangerous microbial contaminants, including Clostridium tetani. If neglected, an infection may spread and potentially kill the victim.

^ keep picking them up genious
your hate for something, is not a rational or justified reason to kill it. and i know plenty of people who kill snakes because they are afraid of them.
ive been bitten by non venomous snakes hundreds of times since i was old enough to know what a snake is. the bites are virtually painless(aside from large constrictors)and ive never experienced a reaction but you are right, it is possible. the odds are astronomically low however, infected dog bites kill people so you probably shouldnt pet any dogs. i look at it as one of those, "i may as well live in a bubble" things.
your fear of snakes wouldnt do well in my snake room.
this is just one wall...
IMG_1562.jpg

one of my rattlesnakes(southwestern speckled)
IMG_0244.jpg

Latest posts