• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asked in 2 threads if anyone knows if all Classic Ontario Rocs say 1995 on them, but no one knows. I bought one and their is NO WAY it is from 1995, so I think they are all stamped with the 1995. Can anyone confirm this?
You are not asking the right guy. ;)

It's just the stamp. It screws people up all the time.

Take this disc:
099.jpg

Right there on the stamp it says "Innova 1991" so a lot of people assume the disc was made in 1991. They sold these discs for a decade with the same stamp. The disc might be from 1991 or it might be from 1995 or it might be from 2000. The date is just the copyright of the stamp.

They made so many back then that they still sell them to this day. You should notice a small number 8 towards the middle/bottom. this is the 8th mold

(this is what a rather reputable source told me at a tournament)
The Wings and Rings stamp is the original Roc stamp. The original Roc was Innova's 8th mold, so there is still an "8" on the stamp. The "classic" and the year were added when the disc was brought back into production in the mid 90's.

For example, here is an old Aero:
097.jpg

When the Aero came back into production, they used essentially the same stamp but added a year and the word "classic" to the stamp:
098.jpg

Every Aero that came out after that had "Innova 1996" on the stamp, but it had nothing to do with when the disc was made. 1996 is when the stamp was modified. I believe the DX Classic Roc still uses the wings and rings stamp, so they all will have that year on them. It means nothing. The disc could have been made in 1995 or yesterday.

CE Leopard 150 class, that peice of paper is covering up the ink i put on it before realizing that I would never throw it.

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 376
You are not asking the right guy. ;)

It's just the stamp. It screws people up all the time.

Take this disc:
099.jpg

Right there on the stamp it says "Innova 1991" so a lot of people assume the disc was made in 1991. They sold these discs for a decade with the same stamp. The disc might be from 1991 or it might be from 1995 or it might be from 2000. The date is just the copyright of the stamp.

My dads got one of these from back in like 92, the thing is great!

second question is
DSCF1394.jpg
this leopard any better than the newer stamp leopard?
It's just the normal instinct of people. I can establish my standing as a long-term player by keeping old discs in my bag and casually mentioning how long I have had them when I whip them out. Sometimes the old disc is actually something that flies cool like a TP Cyclone, and sometimes it's...an old disc. I know a lot of Roc guys who like to throw big bird stamps or right-facing bird stamps. It's mostly in their head. You do get some oooh's and ahhh's from a nice big bird Roc, though. What's wrong with some oooh's and ahhh's? If ya got 'em, flaunt 'em.

so basically even though it is older it is still worth about $8.00.

Thanks everyone for the participation in this thread. I think this will answer a lot of questions and it will aslo let us see pics of a lot of cool discs.

My dads got one of these from back in like 92, the thing is great!
I'm starting to notice that when I post pictures of my discs a lot of guys say "My Dad used to throw those." I'm starting to think I'm hanging out in the wrong spot. Where are all your Dad's?

I'm starting to notice that when I post pictures of my discs a lot of guys say "My Dad used to throw those." I'm starting to think I'm hanging out in the wrong spot. Where are all your Dad's?

Lol! Ive played with my dad since i was like 2 year old :) Thats why i like the old stuff.

I just picked up a star stamp first run Pro Katana. I'm not doing anything with it for 5 years. If I'm lucky, I'll trade it for two of the latest greatest in 5 years, if not, I'll always have a new disc to throw, if I ever develop enough good form to throw something that fast.

I just picked up a star stamp first run Pro Katana. I'm not doing anything with it for 5 years. If I'm lucky, I'll trade it for two of the latest greatest in 5 years, if not, I'll always have a new disc to throw, if I ever develop enough good form to throw something that fast.

don't count on it, especially with Pro plastic. different story with those first run japan open champs tho

I bought a star destroyer when they first came out, I had to have it because it was the newest fastest thing that everyone was raving about. I took great care of it, but had to sell it after about a year. I couldn't throw it at the time and I needed the money.

so basically even though it is older it is still worth about $8.00.
Yes and no. You should not expect to get a bunch of cash for a disc that is still in production and unchanged other than the stamp. However, the stamp is a very recognizable change. Sometimes Innova will tweak a mold and no one seems to notice, but when they change the hotstamp everyone notices. Some people will pay extra to collect OOP stamps. It's kinda silly in some ways, perfectly logical in others. So while I would not expect someone to give me $50.00 for an old Leopard stamp, I'd think I could pull $12-$15 out of somebody for one.

It's like this one:
129.jpg

On the one hand, it's just a DX Leopard. No big thing. The stamp gives it some cool points. I'd say about an extra $5 worth of cool if I was selling. Which I'm not so stop with the PM's right now!

Last edited:
don't count on it, especially with Pro plastic. different story with those first run japan open champs tho

I ain't countin' on nothin'. I think it's all hilarious. "I've got a CE 10x in the rosy colored red. You know one of the ones made at night (they're real flat), so it's sweet."

makes sense.
PM sent

....just kidding
--------
you can still buy a griffin from disc golf values for under $10.00

I am sure the pro katanas from the japan open will eventually be worth something.

Hey three putt, I will take that first run condor off of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.