• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a scorpion, just because I have never seen one in person.
They had a cool stamp, anyway.
111.jpg

what bout this? ive tried onlind with no luck. where is this from? what it worth

Attachments

• 0228101744.jpg
    0228101744.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 428
what bout this? ive tried onlind with no luck. where is this from? what it worth
It's just a Cobra.
121.jpg

The disc you have was sold through Discovering the World, which is a big Frisbee store in L.A. They had custom stamps for several Innova discs back in the day. There was a cool Aviar stamp that had an eagle on it, and a Roc stamp with a Flamingo. Probably others I don't recall. Anyway, the disc you have has the Discovering the World Cobra stamp, which really wasn't very different from the standard stamp.

At any rate, you have a old thrashed-looking DX Cobra. The Cobra is still in production, although yours is probably the OOP Ontario Cobra mold. Even though it is OOP, there are still tens of thousands of Ontario Cobras in circulation. I'm sorry, but it's really not worth anything. $2.00 maybe?

How much would a Destiny Discs Dimple be worth, I just got a couple of those, and I'll try and get a picture up soon.

I think this thread may one day rival the Discraft misprint deal is awesome thread.

im gona have to find one then lol ive got 10 d.drivers 8 fairway and two mids n the bag so i could obviously use some help

How much would a Destiny Discs Dimple be worth, I just got a couple of those, and I'll try and get a picture up soon.
Checking ebay is probably the best indicator for a disc like the Dimple. It's such an oddity that it will probably have some value, but because they are illegal they don't really trade in the regular disc golf circles. They are more of a collectors item, which will also keep the price artificially high.

because they are illegal they don't really trade in the regular disc golf circles.

It sounds like you are referring to an underground disc black market! (and if you are, then pardon my naivety, the secret is safe with me.)

It sounds like you are referring to an underground disc black market! (and if you are, then pardon my naivety, the secret is safe with me.)
Not really. Most golf discs are still traded amongst a group of guys who plan on throwing them. Some discs are bought and sold by a relatively small group of people who collect, hoard and/or speculate in golf discs as collectibles. A disc like the Dimple (illegal and out of production) has little use for someone trading for discs to throw. They primarily are bought and sold amongst that smaller group of collectors.

That was all I meant, and it's not nearly as cool as a black market. :\

This is an unthrown old school Ontario Roc. Im not too sure how old it is, but it says PDGA approved Innova 1989 on it. I doubt its that old, but it isn't very new. anyone have any idea on the value?

(Just in Case the Picture doesn't Show) http://www.flickr.com/photos/10129273@N06/4405080335/
Again, it's the stamp thing. All of the Innova glow discs had that "Throw in the Dark" stamp. The stamp was done in 1989. Every glow disc they made from then until '99ish when they stopped using that stamp had the 1989 date on it. Hell, the Ontario Roc didn't even exist until 1994. If it is truly an original Ontario Roc, it was made between '94 and '97.

At any rate, a heavy Ontario Roc used to sell for around $50 unthrown. Even light ones sold for $30. Then in '07 Innova brought the mold back into production and the bottom dropped out of the market. Innova then added insult to injury by running some new Glow Ontario's with that stamp, so I really can't tell if that disc is old or not. So the Ontario Roc market is messed up. Some folks will still seek out the originals, so there is somewhat of a demand there. You will just be lucky to get 1/2 of what you used to be able to get for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.