• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I recently got a decently gummy 169g Champion Aviar. It's heavier than the red Aviar I have, and same condition, but the stamp is more intact, about 8/10, with some weird ink, says "flip" on both sides of the nipple, has a big bead.

Anyway, just wondering what the price would be, since the other one is about $15?

i recently found a pro line orc and had never heard of a pro line and i know how it is with rhynos so i figured i would ask does it make it worth any more than a normal pro or star or champ orc

Need quotes on a few discs:

1-4 are brand new - 5 is used (7 on sleepy scale).

1. CE TL - Red w/Blue Foil stamp - X-out w/one dimple on the top edge - Marked "TL" - 170g
IMG_0302.jpg

2. CE Spider - Neon Yellow w/Gold stamp - New but has VERY faint ink on rim - weight (???)
IMG_0296.jpg

3. Pro Firebird - Clear Orange w/White stamp & Calvert Flyers rainbow double stamp - 175g -
IMG_0308.jpg

4. 10x KC Pro Roc - Gold Foil stamp - 177g
IMG_0313.jpg

5. CE Teebird - Clear blue stamp removed but you can still see the faint CE stock stamp - 160g - Sleepy scale 7
IMG_0333.jpg

Old Throwers - Need Values

I've got a stack of old throwers a friend of mine sent me. He quit playing many years ago and when he found out I was playing sent me all of his plastic. Most of these look to be from the mid 1990's. I would rate them all 5-7 a couple may reach an 8 on the Sleepy Scale. All have ink or wiped ink. As an example I attached a NW Series-Great NW Open Tournament Disc from 1995. It is a 172 gram Whippet with a Whippet Stamp on the back. I can provide more photos if anyone would like to see them. Thanks in advance for input.

Attachments

• P1050817.jpg
    P1050817.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 70
  • P1050820.jpg
    P1050820.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 56
  • P1050816.jpg
    P1050816.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 41
I've got a stack of old throwers a friend of mine sent me. He quit playing many years ago and when he found out I was playing sent me all of his plastic. Most of these look to be from the mid 1990's. I would rate them all 5-7 a couple may reach an 8 on the Sleepy Scale. All have ink or wiped ink. As an example I attached a NW Series-Great NW Open Tournament Disc from 1995. It is a 172 gram Whippet with a Whippet Stamp on the back. I can provide more photos if anyone would like to see them. Thanks in advance for input.

I would say these would go for about 5-10 a piece. The SkyStreak you have there was on eBay as a 10/10 for $12.50 and no one seemed interested.

So yesterday I got a first run star teedevil from payout at a local tourney. I wanted to try the teedevil and the only max weight ones they had were first run. My question is should I throw the first run I have or do y'all think I should wait and get a standard stamp to throw and keep the first run? It seems that first runs are more valuable but I don't know if that is across the board, or just specific molds. Thanks for the help.

leopard, 151g, dx plastic, bar stamp(?) light ink, maybe 6-7/10

cobra, 171g, dx plastic, bar stamp (?), light ink, maybe 8-9/10

eagle. 165g, dx plastic, bar stamp (?), heavy ink, maybe 6-7/10

see pictures

2nc3orq.jpg

also not sure what this disc is, there's a whole stack of discs named after planes at my local PIAS and I'm not sure what they are/if they are worth anything.

a4q0eh.jpg

@andy
For the DX discs, they are going to cost around used DX prices. I would say about $5 for each. Maybe $6 for the Cobra.

Last edited:
Please take a look at these discs, I am looking to see what these discs are worth.

The 01 CE Roc is 177gr 10/10
The 8x Roc is 177gr or 179gr cant tell, its a 9/10 (doesnt look thrown but storage wear makes it 9/10)
The '04 Glow Battle Roc is 180gr 10/10 In original pkg.

I have lots of Roc's and I was thinking of getting rid of some that I know I will never throw.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 22
  • 8x.JPG
    8x.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 22
  • battle1.JPG
    battle1.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 13
also not sure what this disc is, there's a whole stack of discs named after planes at my local PIAS and I'm not sure what they are/if they are worth anything.

a4q0eh.jpg

They're all older Lightning discs before they made the more descriptive names. I have no idea on value though. There's a list somewhere of what airplane corresponds to what disc, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I have a Tourney Stamped San Marino Aviar from 1993 (10th Annual Fritz Park Open). I am 99% sure it is KC Pro from feel. It is the EXACT same mold as my chains aviars, but it has the firmer KC Pro feel. Also flies dead nuts straight.

Oh yeah...174g and conservatively 6-6.5/10. Dings, some stains, and marks, but nothing that affects flight.

Looking for both value and any other insights, and I greatly appreciate ya'lls help. This is a keeper in my bag right now.

Profile Pics (Blue Tourney Stamped San Marino Aviar on left...Yellow Chains Aviar on right):
rpb2416.jpg

Pic of San Marino Aviar:
rpb2408.jpg

cant be kc pro..has no bead..just old dx

Hmmm..makes sense since it matches my Chains Aviar....but it is the hardest DX I have ever felt. Great putter! Flies exactly the same as my Chains but is a tad harder which is nice when the weather gets warmer.

What about a guess as to value?

Edit: I've already had some guys at one of my local courses try to trade me for it, so I have been wondering ever since. These guys throw old aviars though...so maybe it is just a gem to them.

Last edited:
Any help here? I could post a picture, but it's really not necessary, I don't think.

Hey guys,
I recently got a decently gummy 169g Champion Aviar. It's heavier than the red Aviar I have, and same condition, but the stamp is more intact, about 8/10, with some weird ink, says "flip" on both sides of the nipple, has a big bead.

Also, unlike the red Champion Aviar I have, this one is much less see through and almost has a slight pearl to it.

Anyway, just wondering what the price would be, since the other one is about $15?

Status
Not open for further replies.