• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any info on this JLS?

picture.php

It's definitely not DX, feels more like 9x or 10x KC Pro plastic.
I've got a couple 2003 tourney stamped ce qjls 'at least they look , feel like my test run qj's and a couple of my "appoved" qjs so i imagine there was a cfr run of them

Just checked discgolfsweden and there were tourney stamped ce qjs so you might have a cool piece of plastic

Last edited:

picture.php

JLS's never came out in DX. Pretty sure it's just an old version of pro (m plastic), it would be se if it's a innova disc.. I have a yellow mjls with the same stamp from 2003. It feels great, but not worth more than $15.

174g ProLine Beast, melon color
plbeast.jpg

171g CE Firebird, pink with swirls and a darker pink narrow halo. Not sure of the run or whether it's an x or an l. Sweet looking disc.
pinkchicken.jpg

Just curious what a decent price would be if i was buying, thought the Firebird might make a cool collectable for my little girl :p
Oh, both are 10/10

$30-35 on the Pro Line BEAST. I would say $50-$60 if the FB is an FL, probably around $80 if it is an FX.

174 JLS from a tournament in 2001. New and made from taffy plastic (KC Pro 10x).

picture.php

I had the same thought a while back...my JLS has the feel of KC Pro ce/taffy blend. Although it is a great plastic once you throw it you see it has the durability of pro plastic.

WHen Millenium came out ... their whole sales pitch was offering Preimum plastic at a low cost..... Boasting to be better and more durable than the current availabe plastics ..

It was one of the First premium plastics ...

I had the same thought a while back...my JLS has the feel of KC Pro ce/taffy blend. Although it is a great plastic once you throw it you see it has the durability of pro plastic.

The difference between CE QJs and just a pro-blend JLS comes from the lettering in the back.

If it says QJ, then it is a CE QJLS

If it says JLS, then it just a pro blend of JLS

But seeing as that is from 2003 it might be CE but I can't tell without feeling it. The dye isn't a color/pattern I have seen before on the CE blend QJs.

The difference between CE QJs and just a pro-blend JLS comes from the lettering in the back.

If it says QJ, then it is a CE QJLS

If it says JLS, then it just a pro blend of JLS

But seeing as that is from 2003 it might be CE but I can't tell without feeling it. The dye isn't a color/pattern I have seen before on the CE blend QJs.

It resembled the same coloring/pattern as the test run CE JLS. isn't it possible for them to grab that and throw a stamp on it?

theres gotta be more than one out there. we just can't find it. all the other discs that we found with this stamp were DX Roc, DX Ontario Cobra Ching, DX Beast Ching, all i know is this is not Mill.'s version of DX plastic.

looooookin for some answers!

It resembled the same coloring/pattern as the test run CE JLS. isn't it possible for them to grab that and throw a stamp on it?

theres gotta be more than one out there. we just can't find it. all the other discs that we found with this stamp were DX Roc, DX Ontario Cobra Ching, DX Beast Ching, all i know is this is not Mill.'s version of DX plastic.

looooookin for some answers!

you are correct that it resembles that run. That did cross my mind. But the run of CE-JLS was from 2000. The only person that could probably answer this question is ZAM. I highly doubt they would have a box of those laying around that got stamped up in 2003. I think most of the CE-QJLS(bubble stamp) range from 2000-2002 as well. Really we just need ZAM. If they were running dx for the rest of the tourey discs it makes me think this is just a pro blend JLS

you are correct that it resembles that run. That did cross my mind. But the run of CE-JLS was from 2000. The only person that could probably answer this question is ZAM. I highly doubt they would have a box of those laying around that got stamped up in 2003. I think most of the CE-QJLS(bubble stamp) range from 2000-2002 as well. Really we just need ZAM. If they were running dx for the rest of the tourey discs it makes me think this is just a pro blend JLS

So in your opinion what does a pro blend jls run for? or is it depending on the importance of the stamp as well?

gov'na- i know i just keep mixing up words...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts