• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite disc golf plastic?

abarker

Bogey Member
We're trying to figure out which plastic types disc golfers like best among all the disc manufacturers. Most disc golfers use a variety of different plastics depending on the disk type, season, and use of the disc. To help us figure out the best disc golf plastics, we're asking the following questions:

Please click the links below and answer on the Infinite Discs Facebook page. Once we have enough data, we'll publish the results.

Thanks!

You can answer here as well... I'd just prefer facebook, as it's easier to keep track of things if they're mostly all at the same place.

I like Discrafts CryZtal plastic myself. I have some CryZtal Z Meteors that are amazing.

Drivers: gold line
Midrange: opto line
Putters: eze line
Overall: opto line

Favorite plastics for Drivers: Opto = gold line > lucid > proton and neutron > champion > c-line > star > elite Z
Favorite plastics for mids: Opto > lucid> gold line > proton and neutron
Favorite plastics for putters: classic hard zero line
overall: Opto

No comprende' Facebook. But as far as delectable plastics go my top top 5 are as follows; starting with my most favorite- 400s, I prefer this over every other plastic for everything from my high speed drivers on down to my approach/driving putters. For my putters I like Prodigy's 300s. After that I'd have to go with Lat' 64's Opto, followed by Westsides' VIP(they are very similar if not one and the same), then INNOVA's "Jolly Rancher", and finally Gateways' Evolution. I mean no offense towards DD,DGA, Legacy, MVP or other I just haven't thrown enough of each companies plastic to quantify a critique.

Based on my limited experience:
Putters: Discraft X-Line Soft
Midrange: MVP Neutron
Drivers: Innova Champion

Drivers= Star or the Stiff ESP
Fairways= Ole Pro-Line
Midrange= the GOOD DX
Putter= CamTodd stiff ProD

Driver - Depends on if its distacne driver or fairway driver.

Distance Driver - Gummy Star
Fairway Driver - Gummy Champ
Midrange - DX
Putter - KC

I don't do facebook. My skill level is "low", if that's relevant to your data collection.

Drivers: Innova Dx. Somehow it feels irrationally more "correct" than pricier plastics.
Mids: Westside's "tournament" plastic
Putters: Gateway's normal blends. If I could get my favorite molds in KC pro that would be my favorite.
Overall: Gateway's normal blends.

Very Overstable Driver: Champ (although DX FB in the bag, going to champ when it wears too much).
Control drivers: DX/Star
Mids: DX (Rocs) or X (Comets). I also really like the gummy Z on Discraft's Hornets.
Putters: Innova's new stiff (R-)Pro plastic is fantastic.

Latest posts