• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

This month, it looks like an Air Saint, but since I don't throw anything consistently over 300', who am I to judge? :\

Champion Orcs. My go to is a newer run(flight numbers) dayglo green 170g, slight dome. Holds whatever line I put it on, and loves to break 400'+. It may be my longest driver due to it's glide, although Pro Destroyers are up there with it. I also carry an older run, pearly flat top 169g for controlled hyzer flips, tailwinds, or long turnovers.

Lately I have been leaning on a few different ESP and X Nukes for my distance drivers. Really am liking them a lot the past year.

Used to be a big Orc guy, but every Orc I had got my hands on lately was real domey with a ton of flashing, which isn't really my thing. They just arn't flying like the old Orcs I used to love. Plus with Nukes I have been able to knock on the door of 450' much easier than with my Orcs.

Currently Destroyer. Just started throwing them instead of the Boss. I lost a boss, had heard good things about destroyer, so picked up a couple.

Laces for pure distance and Kraits for controls.

Lace because you can put a little (a LITTLE, not a LOT) of tourque on it and it will still fight out of it and get great D. Obviously that isn't the ideal way to throw any disc, but hell, sometimes I'm tired and that 500 foot hole just needs to be put on blast.

The Krait, for me, is just a super controllable driver. I have a plethora of them in all states of wear. When they first came out, a lot of people trashed the disc, but I think people are warming up to them. Just a little bit of turn, and some nice reliable forward penetrating fade. Two great distance drivers.

I have a well-beaten DX Wraith that I can throw as far as my new Blizzard Wraith, which are my longest discs, so WRAITH.

Right now it's a rather indifferent Blue Z Nuke. I tend to lose my uber speed stuff too fast to gain a liking for one. Love my gold opto Saint with crazy light refraction powers though!

I've got a Pro Orc but it doesn't seem to have much different flight than the Beast. Maybe it's just been beat too much.

could be pretty beat. I noticed a quite significant (although not major) difference between the Beast and the Orc. Innova's next step up in stability in a speed=10 is the Monster... too much disc for me to throw for any distance.

Force. Just because I can take all three of mine out to a field and get them to land in a 20' group. It doesn't happen every time but when it does its pretty.

Latest posts