• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most expensive disc you have lost?

In my one month of playing, despite hitting more trees than baskets, the only disc I have lost was a z-line Buzzz. I swear that disc found a squirrel's home or something, because it went up and never came down.

In my one month of playing, despite hitting more trees than baskets, the only disc I have lost was a z-line Buzzz. I swear that disc found a squirrel's home or something, because it went up and never came down.

I pulled some Gyro thing down from only 6' up in a spruce tree. Texted the number and the dude had lost it a year and a half ago.

One of the walkers at my course who had seen me a few times stopped me and gave me one of those.

I lost it also......How do you loose a marker?

Made a hundred foot putt, grabbed my bag and ran up to clear the basket, never looked back.

I dropped (somehow, on the way off the course) my original 1991 2-Chain Aviar, sort of sherbet orange with a blue stamp. I told the story a while back about how I lucked into another one. The 'new' one is red with a faded gold foil stamp.

Aside from the cool-factor of having used the same putter for over 20 years, I guess I don't feel the loss all that much. Once it was gone, I struggled with figuring out what to use in its stead. Went through several molds, and settled on Wardens. After I lost two of those in the same round (don't ask), I ended up with a soft Envy. Coupled with a DX Aviar freebie, I'm all set. The red Aviar is chilling in my garage - I'm afraid to lose that one.

I don't care much about how much a disc might be worth. Basically, if I own it, I bag it. But I do know that some folks will pay a lot of money for those early 90's Aviars.

(I also lost a swirly Star Thunderbird at Winthrop a while back, a gift from a friend. Prettiest disc I ever had, and it was *just* getting broken in. I have dreams of that thing occasionally.)