• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What non-golf uses do you use discs for?

XvileX said:
Ted Damson said:
Non-disc golf golf disc uses with which I am experienced:

- trapping scorpions*
- to break the ice off my car (champ monster FH taps)

What part of hell do you live in that has ice AND scorpions?
Central TX... scorpions *everywhere* (2 stings in 20 years in this area), and about 3 freezes a year 8)
there was a bad ice storm in 2006. It's snowed at my home maybe 8 times in my lifetime :lol:

i laughed at XvilleX's comment. but then you said you've been stung twice. I take it these are not Güero scorpions.

EDIT: and the rest of you guys are a bunch of damn degenerates. using a disc to prepare the consumption of illegal substances.....there are children reading this site

Ted Damson said:
XvileX said:
Ted Damson said:
Non-disc golf golf disc uses with which I am experienced:

- trapping scorpions*
- to break the ice off my car (champ monster FH taps)

What part of hell do you live in that has ice AND scorpions?
Central TX... scorpions *everywhere* (2 stings in 20 years in this area), and about 3 freezes a year 8)
there was a bad ice storm in 2006. It's snowed at my home maybe 8 times in my lifetime :lol:

Ok, that makes sense. :D

I originally read the list like these were regular everyday uses for it, rather than "have used it for this a few times."

It's not just central texas, they are all over the state just like poisonous snakes. I used to hit them with golf clubs when I was a kid, used to find them up in the hills of north texas.

i use them to hand particulate snacks (such a Goldfish crackers) to my 2, 4, and 6 years olds in the car.

Sometime I eat Thai take out on them in hotel rooms when traveling.

We use them as bases in the backyard teeball games.

My kids use them to dig and transport sand to the top of the slide at playgrounds.

i did hunt a rabbit in the back yard with a wizard but I will not revisit that story.

I have been using a champion groove and a champion beast as coasters at the apartment I'm temporarily staying at.

Last winter I went out to Grand View for a round, and knew I was in trouble when I pulled into the parking lot and it was nothing but ice. My car got stuck, so I thought I'd practice approach shots until the sun started melting everything, but after helping 3 other cars out of the lot, I realized this was a lost cause. I took a trusty Star Roadrunner, and using the edge of the disc, I "chiseled" out enough ice from each tire to finally get some traction and get out of there. I still have the disc, but have not thrown it since.

sweeper said:
I have been using a champion groove and a champion beast as coasters at the apartment I'm temporarily staying at.

:D Minis make great coasters as well.