• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] What other discs do I need?

Yeah, get some more Wizards, you'll need a stack of similar discs when you practice putting anyways. You shouldn't throw your putting putter if you want consistency in your putting, but you could of course throw another wizard that you're not using for putting. Personally I'm throwing the Axiom Envy, and I'm putting with the Wizard.

Could use som mids. Maybe get a coupld of DX Rocs and beat them in to different flights. Also some putting putters and driving putters. Maybe try getting a Champ or Star Aviar if you like the Aviar and drive with those, and get a couple DX around the same weight for putting and consistency. Could also do that with the Wizard.

Could use som mids. Maybe get a coupld of DX Rocs and beat them in to different flights. Also some putting putters and driving putters. Maybe try getting a Champ or Star Aviar if you like the Aviar and drive with those, and get a couple DX around the same weight for putting and consistency. Could also do that with the Wizard.

To this point, a production DX Colt might be good. I've found it to be understable but a good upshot/approach disc, and one CAN putt with it. I am personally not a fan of XT plastic (or is it rubber? feels like it in my grubby paws), but there are prototype XT Colts out there which are more stable than production Colts.

Or get an MVP ion and never worry about it seasoning in years of play. Putt wizard throw ions.

Thats a no brainer.

My advice will be similar to the others

fly the valk, teebird, wraith and beast to see how you like them flying, I notice that some of them are fairly lightweight was that what you intended? I would bag those 4, get your form up and take an aviar for putting and work from there.

Yes, the lighter weight was intentional. I've thrown my friend's star discs in the 170 range, and the discs just seem to fly then fade quickly. I guess not enough snap. The lighter weights I feel are easier for distance. I can get an S curve out of them. Maybe I can eventually work up to the heavier discs. I think the 150-165 range is comfortable for me as far as drivers go. My drives are consistently getting in the 300 range, but with that damn boss, I throw it, and it quickly fades on me lol. I have no FH game at all. I practice my flicks, but it doesn't go very far.

TO be honest, I would start with a midrange and a putter. Dont kill me for saying that. That roc and putter you have will work, concentrate on throwing them level and work on your footwork. If You have to buy more, get more mid ranges, work on throwing them strait and level.

My recommendation would be to get some sort of premium plastic putter to drive and throw up-shots with (especially if you play wooded courses). I also didn't want to drive my putter and get it "dinged" up when I started. The putter to choose would purely be based on how it feels in your hand. Currently, I have a Summit (understable) and Ridge (stable) combo. I can play two disc rounds with these. Previously, I had an ion. The Envy seems to be very well received. I would play putter only rounds, and my form got much better.

I would also recommend an understable mid. Hopefully you are to a point where the discs you throw fly somewhat like their flight ratings. The understable mids give you an easy anhyzer for those types of holes (I throw RHBH, so dogleg right holes). Also, you can hyzerflip them straight if needed. I throw a Fuse. For other discs, try other's see what you like.

Also recommend a champ Firebird - great for OH throws, :)

Where do you throw? What courses you throw will dictate what's most appropriate for disc selection. If this was my bag I'd clear up some of the redundancy and piece together a more well rounded bag by choosing:

G-Star Valk
G-Star Teebird
Roc3
Aviar
Wizard

That's a pretty decent looking core. With the addition of a neutral/understable mid (Comet, or Panther, or Mako, ect) and overstable utility (Firebird) I think this bag would be ready to handle anything.

Thanks for the advice. I play on a few courses. One course has holes in the woods that have tight hallway shots. The other course I play on is pretty much open field with long distance.

I have a blizzard wraith if you want a backup. It's got bubbles in the middle.

If I were you, I'd cut it down to this. You might find a use for that boss.

Champion Blizzard Wraith 150g
G-Star Teebird 159g
Champion Boss 172g
Star Sidewinder not sure, it was given to me, maybe 170g
Paul McBeth 3x Roc3 `171g
Aviar P&A 172g
Wizard SSS 174g

Thanks for the advice. I play on a few courses. One course has holes in the woods that have tight hallway shots. The other course I play on is pretty much open field with long distance.

If you play woods courses with shots like this the Comet will be an important addition to your bag. No better disc for woods golf.

If you play woods courses with shots like this the Comet will be an important addition to your bag. No better disc for woods golf.

Beg to differ. Mako3, Cobra, Axis, Tangent, Colt (prototype), Prodigy M4, even the Buzzz... all better than the Comet.

Beg to differ. Mako3, Cobra, Axis, Tangent, Colt (prototype), Prodigy M4, even the Buzzz... all better than the Comet.

Mako3, M4, Buzzz are faster mids that don't power down like the Comet can. Cobra maybe but it doesn't come in good woods plastic. Axis and Tangent? LOL. Colt's a putter. So therefore:

hilarylol.jpg

LOLcat.jpg

latest

5bf.jpg

54490751.jpg

135599_340.jpg

I2WtV.jpg

Last edited:

Coming from the guy who hasn't thrown a Comet.

Pretty sure MJ would laugh as loud as Streets too by your coment

Not really; and that's actually all entirely an opinion, as is mine.

This discs in my signature.
Kidding
But basically. Have an Overstable, Stable, and Understable of at least 3 speed ranges. Midrange, Fairway, Driver, and at 1 putter, but of course havin a couple-few putters isn't a bad idea.
If at least 1 trusty all around putter (slightly stable is my suggestion)
Beyond that I almost recommend premium plastics as they usually fly better and withstand more punishment without changing the flight its intended to have. Cycling is fine, but to each their own