• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What over stable mid do noodle arms use?

If you want to go discraft - Wasp. Not massively OS but has a solid fade. You may wan to try a zone depending on the distance you want. But there are lots of mids.

I use the GL Bard I won from Noodle Arm Disc golf :D. Will hold a hyzer line or can be thrown flat with reliable fade. I even threw it on a flex line the other day to get out of trouble and parked the hole to save par. It is not a meathook and fades reliably but it isn't max weight either.

A suspect, which has great HSS and some fade for a more powerful arm, should be plenty OS (but still workable) for a "noodle."

Mmm I like this suggestion.

I have a buddy who used the Suspect as his primary mid. He isn't a big arm but he can control that thing better than most folks can control any disc in their bag.

The slight knock down in speed made the Suspect unecessary in my bag but I can see the
"Noodle Arm" masses really jiving with this mold.

AND it is available in a ton of plastic offerings that pretty much is always flat.

I've got a noodle arm. I use the drone/gator for my over stable mids. Drone is a little beefier and faster than my gator.

I'm a noodle arm who also throws around 235' for mids and I use a Z Wasp as my overstable mid. Fights any wind, fades hard. It's 175g which is a bit heavier than I usually like my mids. I think if I ever lose it I'll probably drop 2-3 grams for the replacement but at 175g it does what it needs to do.

I can see how power throwers would definitely need something more stable like a Hornet or Buzzz OS in the overstable slot, but I think the Wasp is pretty much perfect as an overstable mid for someone like me who doesn't throw very far.

For a noodle arm, everything is overstable :D

Seriously though, maybe try the same discs but in slightly lighter weight?

QFT. :D

I'll echo the Buzzz suggestions, especially in Z. But I will also see the Buzzz and raise you a Dynamic Discs Truth in Lucid plastic. It'll have more fade than the Tangent without being too beefy. Plus, it's fast, so it'll provide a little more distance and wind resistance.

Good luck, and let us know what you pick!

Try a Kaxe. Its labeled as a mid, but is more fairway driver. Powered down, its quite OS.

My Noodle Loves the DD Verdict. Overstable, but actually has a bit of Glide, too. Very Predictable, flies Awesome.

For me, KC Pro Roc is pretty overstable if I don't put enough on it. I just bought a Z Buzzz OS and it's very overstable for me as well. I'm a noob so still in that noodle category for now imo.

I vote Hornet, especially if you're already thinking about Discraft. I already had one and just bought a Drone, but the Drone is a bit too overstable for my current level of noodle-ness. I think it was still a good buy because I can grow into it, but I think the Hornet is really underrated and already had the "overstable midrange" role covered adequately. I throw it off the tee in some spots and find it useful as a utility disc as well. I've thrown it RHBH, RHFH, forehand roller, and overhand (tomahawk or "hammer," if you play ultimate). Great disc! (And the reviews on infinitediscs.com agree.)

Mine is a Z Hornet, 175-176g.

I like the king cobra for that slot in bag. Lost mine and have not replced it yet. Filling the slot right now is a pinnicle ghost.

Roc3 is my overstable and wind fighting mid in my bag.

I second this. I just got a glow gator so I may toss that in when needed. Although I wish I picked up the flat top champ gator and last weekends tourney

I vote Hornet, especially if you're already thinking about Discraft. I already had one and just bought a Drone, but the Drone is a bit too overstable for my current level of noodle-ness. I think it was still a good buy because I can grow into it, but I think the Hornet is really underrated and already had the "overstable midrange" role covered adequately. I throw it off the tee in some spots and find it useful as a utility disc as well. I've thrown it RHBH, RHFH, forehand roller, and overhand (tomahawk or "hammer," if you play ultimate). Great disc! (And the reviews on infinitediscs.com agree.)

Mine is a Z Hornet, 175-176g.

Have you thrown it against a buzzz. How did it compare to a z buzzz?

I'm fairly noodle-armed as well, and feel like my mids lineup is perfect. All are near max weight which I feel is important for mids since I want predictability, not max distance out of them. From most understable to most overstable:

Dx Stingray
ESP Comet
Z buzzz
Glow Z buzzz os

If you don't mind having two overstable mids, the Buzzz and Buzzz OS combo is really fantastic. As mentioned by others, the buzzz is not likely to have much high speed turn for a noodle arm but will fade (unlike a comet). The buzzz os feels very similar in hand but has a much more overstable flight: absolutely no turn, significant fade and can flex out of a hard anhyzer if you give it a little air. Similar to a wasp but feels better in my hands.

Latest posts