• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"What's in the bag stranger?"

ddxxe

Bogey Member
O Hai! So I have two open slots in the bag, looking for some input.
My stats: Not a big arm, 300' drives, rhbh, a little sidearm, what you would call the casual "par" player of 1 year now.

My current "team":
175 SS. Wiz
172 Z Buzzz
169 C. Teebird
168 C. Firebird
166 S. Orc

Basically I feel as though I have this need to get a new "tool" for my bag and I have two empty slots. Anything you guys feel as though I must also get to strengthen my arsenal?

Esp Hornet. Except for the Wizard I throw the same discs and the Hornet is a good fit for me.

Last edited:
Fuse/Meteor/Comet/Buzzz SS and a Leopard/Polaris/Xpress/JLS/TL/Cheetah. Maybe a S Wiz for driving. But you have no understable discs, better get some or you'll be a torque monkey.

Try powering down the Firebird before you buy a meathook mid.

bro d's advice is golden.

i would try a buzz ss around 169g and a dx leopard or cheetah around same weight as your other drivers. , just my personal prefs.

understable plastic is your friend. get to know it and your game will change.

i would suggest a more understable fairway or slower speed driver...like leopard or valk!

I had a fuse for a while and wasn't a big fan, then again the course I used to play at didn't demand a super turn over disc like the fuse. It just sent me out of bounds if it wasn't a hard enough right turn shot.

I had been thinking about:
QJLS
Star Cheetah or Champion Eagle L

And BroD: What do you mean powering down the firebird? What will that do?

A lot of people, myself included, don't see the benefit of carrying a really overstable mid when an overstable driver does just as well if not better since it's better in the wind, can skip around tight corners, etc. The only real useful shot for a meathook mid like a Drone is for s-curving wooded shots that call for a flex shot. Then again, I'd rather throw a really overstable putter (like a Zone) or finesse a moderately overstable mid (Roc, Pain, Vector, etc) for that anyway, depending on the line.

It's a lot easier to cover more lines with a meathook putter and slow driver than it is to try and get a meathook mid to cover them all.

Ahhh-ha! Gotcha. Never thought about that rly. I need to utilize my Fbird more.

So I'm thinking what will go in the bag next:
QJLS 165-169
ES Leopard 168
and maybe if I come a cross a nice understable champ/z plastic flat top mid.
Sound good?

if you're only throwing 300' then you should really focus on your mid game.. don't want to beat a dead horse but BroD is right, get an understable mid.

You need some understable disc.....Maybe a Sidewinder or a Beast......You should also try a understable mid.Maybe a Aftershock or a Skeeter.

I love my Drone, use it each and every round.

1. Drone (overstable mid)
2. Meteor (understable mid)
3. Drop the Orc and put in a Leopard/XL or equivilant (understable fairway).

I'm in the same spot (300', RHBH). Anything faster than a T-Bird won't do you any favors.

I'm terrible at gauging distance, I need to go throw a foot ball field with my arsenal to see how far I can rly throw each disc. BRB!

So I'm thinking of adding in a 172 Z-Comet (under stable mid)
and a 168 11x Champion Eagle-L (turn over fairway).
Sounds good yes? :thmbup: