• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

• less than a month

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • 2 months

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • 3 months

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 4 months or more

Votes: 36 32.1%

• Total voters

freakinwizzz

Eagle Member
I've been out for almost 2 months now and i'm going insane due to what i think is a pulled back muscle. i've been to a doctor and physical therapy and i'm still not 100%...just curious how long other people have been out of the game

I have been living in the armpit of disc golf territory in Illinois. Since July, unless I want to drive at least 45 minutes, all I can do is putting practice and field work. So, I know your pain. Not being able to get off work and go play a round sucks so much!

I think these past 3 weeks were the longest I've gone since I began last May. I finally got out to the course yesterday, and had my best round ever.

I think in the two years I've played I haven't taken more than a week off. Most I've played consecutively was about 3 weeks in a row with around 30 rounds in that time span.

I'm with the O.P......I've been disabled for 6 weeks, and will be for a least a month more, and it's driving me nuts. I have gone out and putted a bit on 1 leg a couple of times.

For several reasons, even when I can't play I can't get away from disc golf, which makes it all the worse.

In 2004 I had shoulder surgery. I didn't pick up a disc for 5 months, and was functionally down for several more. When I came back, I was much more tolerant of bad play, because bad play beats no play at all.

I had to go a few days recently due to back pain. In the 7 years i've been playing i can't recall ever takin more than 5-6 off. Addict!

I've missed big chunks of time, sometimes as much as 8 months. Lately, it's been due to moving where there isn't any disc golf scene, but previously it's been for blowing out my knee. I've done that a couple of times, although it's always been doing something OTHER than disc golf. It always starts a long road to recovery.

Tendinitis in my throwing shoulder had me out for two months in 2011. I didn't throw at all for a month and took a month working my way back up to playing strength so as not to make it worse.

My form was somewhat improved after the comeback... otherwise, it stunk!!!

Longest this year has been a week, I live right between two courses so coming up with an excuse to go throw a few holes is pretty easy.

I lived on Oahu for a year. It was 3 months before I figured out there was a league that plays once a month at a temp course. So 3 months, then once a month for the remainder of the year unless (god forbid) something came up and I had to miss a month.

I've had several 2-4 week forced breaks, but nothing longer than that in the last 5 years.

After a groin muscle injury I did not play at all for 2-3 weeks after that I would drive for 2-3 holes and then play from my friends drives.

My worst time not playing was with the death of a lifelong friend. Between hospital time and funeral and greiving; 2 weeks of not playing.

Just lost another lifrelong friend.

Play disc golf!

Last edited:
I just moved back to Texas after a 2 year stint in western Arkansas. No courses within 60 miles, I might have played 2 rounds in those 2 years.

On the plus side, I've forgotton some of my bad habits and I feel I have been able to start over with a little better form than I had before. Its also exciting sifting through all the plastic releases I've missed.

I had vertigo in August and September and early this month. Put me out of doing anything for the whole time. I nearly went insane. First thing I tried to do was DG, and I was still woosy and probably shouldn't have been there, but I was in need of getting out of my house.