• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

• less than a month

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • 2 months

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • 3 months

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 4 months or more

Votes: 36 32.1%

• Total voters
In each of my two shoulder surgeries I was supposed to take 5 or 6 weeks off. Each time I took 5 or 6 days off and then started on my disc golf rehabilitation regimen.

Had an Appendectomy about a year ago.
I was down for a month.
Lots of putting practice, though.

I am working on it. I'll get to you eventually. It's like a top 110 count down, I'm getting started on number 100.

Actually, I was thinking more generically about a person who, if he takes a week off, has probably just played two dozen new courses.

Last year I did not throw a disc. I was trying to heal tendinitis in my elbow so I decided not throw at all. It was a great decision because I have done more throwing this year since probably the first year I took up the sport. Hopefully now I will not have to do that again!!!:hfive::gross:

I tore my ACL, MCL and Minuscus May 5th. Had surgery June 6th and started rehab in July. So I've been unable to play since May but have run two tournaments, sold three 9 hole courses and designed one. Thank goodness for golf carts.

I actually helped my sons set up 9 of my Travelers last weekend. I threw a couple of shots but the shear act of setting up the baskets was all my knee could take. Doctor says i wont be able to walk a full round until spring.

Fortunately I haven't had any injury to make me stop playing but I took a year hiatus in 2008 when I was living in Mexico. I think they only have 3 courses in the whole country and none of them were any where close to where I lived (minimum 5 hour bus ride). plus I didn't have any discs with me.

2009 - 6+ Weeks because of ankle damage at Riney B in an Ice Bowl (Only DNF I've ever had).
2012 - 6 Weeks because of Hernia surgery. Played BG Ams with it and had surgery 3 days later. After deciding I was good to go I played tourneys back to back weekends at Idlewild followed by Holler in the Hills. Thought I was going to collapse at Holler.

I tore my MCL in May of 11 and wasn't able to play until October.

I work within walking distance of a nice, 18 hole free course, so it's not often that I am not able to play at least once or twice a week. I'm a lucky guy!

I did the whole "doctor visit followed by six weeks of physical therapy" thing for a bum shoulder a couple of months after I first started. It drove me into doing stop-time animation......of disc golf. :D

Due to a bum hip, and getting it replaced, I was unable to play for over a year. That was over three years ago. It's all good now. :thmbup:

I've been out for almost 2 months now and i'm going insane due to what i think is a pulled back muscle. i've been to a doctor and physical therapy and i'm still not 100%...just curious how long other people have been out of the game

I was out from July 4 of this year to July 30 of this year, also with a back injury. Was on steroids and such to help it recover. It was caused by a lifting accident (don't bend down from boat docks to give someone a hand out of the boat!), but perhaps exacerbated by disc golf.

It felt like forever! I was really sad to miss that time in particular, with prime weather, and with a summer schedule. No teaching, along with longer daylight, in principle gives me a lot better chance to play in the summer. I was quite sad to miss even those 3.5 weeks!

No injuries, thank the Lord. But I have had a month or so not playing because of work/obligations and family. Just not too often.

I was out from July 4 of this year to July 30 of this year, also with a back injury. Was on steroids and such to help it recover. It was caused by a lifting accident (don't bend down from boat docks to give someone a hand out of the boat!), but perhaps exacerbated by disc golf.

It felt like forever! I was really sad to miss that time in particular, with prime weather, and with a summer schedule. No teaching, along with longer daylight, in principle gives me a lot better chance to play in the summer. I was quite sad to miss even those 3.5 weeks!

How do steroids help your back?