• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

Whats the longest you've been unable to play?

• less than a month

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • 2 months

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • 3 months

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 4 months or more

Votes: 36 32.1%

• Total voters
I've never missed time disc golfing due to an injury, although there have been times I should have. Like the day I sneezed and pulled a muscle in my chest. Or the morning I woke up and found out I had pulled a pec muscle IN MY SLEEP.

True stories. Getting old is hell, kids.

3 days !

I'm taping glow sticks on a putter and a Comet and I'm going now ! Can't take it , don't care if I Lose a disc, I'll be the first on course to find it !

Just like last weekend !

Can't give up my Comet.....

And oh yeah, in response to this thread again, a couple times a year I'll go 30 days without playing a real course, just chuckin putters around in the mountains. It's always a trip to get back into the real thing.

6 months from tendinitis (disc golf), then a different 6 months from a broken foot (basketball).

Disc long and Prosper !

After a groin muscle injury I did not play at all for 2-3 weeks after that I would drive for 2-3 holes and then play from my friends drives.

My worst time not playing was with the death of a lifelong friend. Between hospital time and funeral and greiving; 2 weeks of not playing.

Just lost another lifrelong friend.

Play disc golf!

Bassman , I hope you can let those spirits fly !

about a week and a half. It should be long I'm always pulling a back muscle or screwing up my knee somehow, but I always play through the pain and load up on meds.

They are flying and so are my discs!

My next drive will be for you !

Im a ski bum and seem to lose too many souls each year , every one in search of a memory .

Many are famous , and some trying to be famous .

So happy to find a sport with familiar souls in search of a common goal . That we can always pursue tomorrow . And the next day.

Sorry , kinda caught me in a moment of weakness , it's the time of year new heroes show up in town thinking its all about them .

If only discing was year round here to balance out the agro testosterone ...

Hard to get discers out with me for the next few months...

Slipped on a tee pad in November and broke my fibula clean in two.
A guy from the group behind me had to drive his jeep into the middle of the course and drive me back out to the parking lot.
Anyways I wasn't able to play a until mid March. My ankle continued to swell up after every round for another 3 months. It was a major bummer to say the least, but everything is good now.

I broke my throwing wrist, badly, in a skiing accident in February.

Surgery with 3 metal plates and 10+ screws... I thought I might never play disc golf again!! (I'm lying in my hospital bed thinking this). I would sit at home doing physical therapy with my discs laid on on the table in front of me as motivation!

It ended up only being about 4 months before I got back on the course. I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up disc golf. A couple weeks ago I shot (E) at Winter Park from the blues, which is a personal best for me. Even got a post-surgery ace on the year.

My wrist flexion and grip strength are poor now. I have been able to throw with little or no pain though, which is awesome after what I went through. Last year I was closing in on 500' of max D, I've taken a step back... a bit discouraging, but I'm glad to even be playing.

Last edited:
I was recently out 5 months with a torn ACL n surgery(basketball)
Then the year before I missed three months with a dislocated left knee torn MCL(basketball)

Lot of various injuries for a couple weeks.

Had a broken fibula back in like February and was able to play until like June. It was not fun at all. Going to school then all of sudden knowing, oh yeah I got to go home right away! Worst time of my life

I went right at 4 months without playing when I left for Air Force Basic Training. I would imagine different shots on different holes quite a lot. I can remember getting in trouble because I was zoned out thinking about playing and my instructor asked me a question about what we where doing and I had absolutely no clue what we had been doing. Needless to say, my arms hurt a lot that night because I pushed a LOT that day. Lucky for me, when I got to tech school in Wichita Falls, TX, there were two courses in town for me to play in the evening when we where done with class. Good times