• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the strongest part of your game?

What's the strongest part of your game?

• The Drive

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Approaching

Votes: 78 45.3%
  • Putting

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Other (getting out of trouble, mental strength...etc)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters
I'm 80% from inside the circle without wind. That being said, I'm 20% outside 30 ft so I know my drive or approach has to be inside 30 feet to have a chance. I parked a 455 ft hole Thursday but missed my 5 ft putt. I guess it just depends on the day because somedays I can drive far/accurate and others I can't stay out of the ob. It's the same with every aspect of my game. Then I have days where everything is clicking and I go -11. So frustrating because I'll follow that with a +4. This week it seems like my driving is on so I picked that because it for sure ain't the mental otherwise I would not be stuck in rec.

I have my moments where my drives are awesome and other times where my putting is one fire. But I am pretty consistent with my mids and approach shots. A lot of the time when throwing, I look like a left handed mongoloid who's never seen a disc before. I also tend to throw a lot of "tree-seeking missles".

don't have a big arm, so i get lots of practice on approaches.
Same here. My local course is just long enough that I can't park most holes and I'm left with a <100-150 ft. approach. At best, I play par golf and thus I've had to get accurate with

I'm also getting better at putting after going through a pre- or post-round routine of 10 putts at 10 ft., 10 putts at 15 ft, etc. until I get out to about 30 ft. It has helped that now I have multiple Rhynos to putt with instead of a Rhyno + Birdie. It's a lot like Ellis's putting confidence, and I think putting takes more muscle memory than driving/approaching - hence I lose it first when there are gaps in my rounds.

Get out of trouble shots (especially OH) and drives are my best...

The putting outside of 20 feet needs lots of work

Distance. I can reach a lot of holes that others can't. It also gives me more options on shorter holes. I can throw Rocs and putters, or go over the top of trouble when everyone is trying to thread tight lines with drivers.

never would of said it not long ago but its now putting, these days i seem to be hitting about everything anywhere in the circle and quite a few outside

Driving.

I used to consider myself a noodle-arm, but recently I'm not sure that is as applicable as it used to be. I'm honestly not sure how it happened, but I've added 50-75' to my drives in the last month.

That being said, I'm used to playing courses where I park holes, or have ridiculously easy upshots. So when I play longer courses (Audubon, Turner, etc.) my weaknesses really show through.

Same with courses where there isn't room to drive. Anything wooded my score goes way up--simply because I don't practice enough with my mids and putters for SHORT shots.

By the time I get my mid-range game tuned up, I'll have to fix my driving again...

At the moment the strongest part of my game is my ability to scramble. The first 2-3 years I played I threw RHFH and a lot of tomahawks and thumbers. So I've got a decent arsenal of junk or get out of jail shots, and I've been learning to control a roller recently too. I'm making an effort to simplify things off of the tee and not try to nut a next to impossible shot. As much fun as it is to hit that crazy line the scorecard reflects much better on consistent golf.

Putting for sure. Today I hit 3 from outside the circle and everything but 1 inside the circle. The chains screwed me on the 1.

I made the putt it just didn't stay in. Zen Golf

I'm really really good at walking on the course. I almost never fall. I've become pretty good at finding discs in rough too, because that's where I spend most of my time.

I am really fantastic at throwing my discs into water hazards. I'm so good at it that I can even find water on holes that don't have water in play. Trust me, I'm pretty boss at it - thats why my first Boss is still at the bottom of a lake!

I definitely am not a good driver, So I really have to make up for that in the approach. But Im also very good in my head finding lines where Have to throw it and not getting mad.:wall:

I definitely am not a good driver, So I really have to make up for that in the approach. But Im also very good in my head finding lines where Have to throw it and not getting mad.:wall:

I'm so confused by your last sentence. I'm not trying to be a prick I just don't understand.

I picked approach, but I would say I am not terrible at any, just mediocre and that's what bothers me. My drives are short, so I get a lot of approach practice.

I'd love to be able to add 50-75 foot to my drives, seems I am always in that zone after a drive where it's way too far for me to putt, but not long enough where I shouldn't at least try for it. 95% of the time it ends with me laying up. The other 5% I blow by and end up with another long putt.

I voted driving. I'm a very solid driver and really trust my discs off the tee. Putting is a close second though, especially lately...I've been hitting a LOT of putts in the 30-50' range lately and hardly miss in the circle.

:( afraid i don't have any strong point. imo it's all pretty evenly mediocre with a few flashes of greatness interspersed with a few epic fails. depends on the day...

You're too hard on your self...but I know what you mean. :doh: