• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the strongest part of your game?

What's the strongest part of your game?

• The Drive

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Approaching

Votes: 78 45.3%
  • Putting

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Other (getting out of trouble, mental strength...etc)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters
My drives are coming along, but my approaches have always been my strongest shot. They have to be when your drives are weak.

Also, getting out of trouble. I'm pretty good at that too, which is impressive considering I lost my FH and OH to a shoulder injury :wall:
I think I've gotten to know my discs a lot better now that I can only throw them RHBH (and some short distance rollers).

I think my putting is the strongest part of my game, I have recently gotten a lot better at putting. Good drives are important, but good putting is how tournaments are won.

After today, I'd have to say the strongest part of my game is "finding bad tee shots that took off for the thick brush that I really wanted to stay away from."
:eek:

That being said, I did have some pretty sweet "get outta trouble" shots.

depends on the day. Some days my drives are dead accurate others I'm constantly in the trees. Some days i don't miss with in 30' others i struggle to make 10'ers , but Getting out of trouble and staying somewhat level headed seems to be a constant for me.

Like many others, my driving is the best part of my game. 1st shot out at Widefield today I nailed a 350 foot drive that landed right where I wanted it. That being said, I cant putt worth a hill of beans (which really nailed me in my tourney yesterday.) Hours of putting practice and countless videos and I still suck!

Midrange game has always been my strong point, putting a close second. Driving I'm fairly average (for the level I want to play at, at least) but can throw with accuracy out to 380ish. I tend to excel when I can throw a Roc or putter off the tee.

On long courses, my midrange game is all that I have to help me keep up with the big arms. When it's off though, it's certainly hard to make up being outdriven by 50+ feet on every hole :\

Strongest part of my game is my trash talking skills, which comes from years of hanging around with mechanics and electricians.

Nothing is sacred, not your family, your body parts, or your pets.

I play music from my Ipod, which has nothing but progressive trance sets, which sound like the same song, with the same beat, over and over, for hours straight.

I can produce rude, yet completely distracting noises at will, from all parts of my body.

If I cant turn you into a imploding pile of self doubt by the eighth hole, I go home.

I have to say approach. I get a little overbearing with my drives, so I usually find myself pulling a longer approach shot, but my Buzzz holds its line like a champ and gets me there for the 3 or, on a rare occassion, gets me in on 2.

Dave-

Strongest part of my game is my trash talking skills, which comes from years of hanging around with mechanics and electricians.

I play music from my Ipod, which has nothing but progressive trance sets, which sound like the same song, with the same beat, over and over, for hours straight.

I can produce rude, yet completely distracting noises at will, from all parts of my body.

If I cant turn you into a imploding pile of self doubt by the eighth hole, I go home.

HAHAHAHAH!! :clap: That should have been on the poll! Very well put sir, very well indeed.

Dave-

Yes, this is the other part (offense) of mental game I need to work on. I already have the "not giving a F about that last bad shot" down.

The strongest part of my game is the approach. Mark Ellis said in one of his videos that every pro, no matter the situation, should be able to approach from 100 feet, and make the putt.

I've tried taking that to further distances, and it has allowed me to save par after my horrible drives. Obviously I'm working on rounding out my entire game, but for now, the second shot is usually the best.

What's your strong point?

Putting is the only thing I've ever been better than average at. Most people want me as a doubles partner because I cash in almost everything from 25 and in. My individual problem however is that my drives are not as good as I would like them to be. Some days I find myself playing entire rounds 50' - 70' away from the basket where my ability to putt well does me no good at all. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses.

I'd say all of my game is equally "average", but I know that the WORST part of my game is mental. I beat everyone during the casual rounds and then shoot mediocre during tournaments.

I wish I could say it were driving or approach or even putting or even mental.

I'm only great in getting out of trouble situations. Mainly because I'm already in trouble how much worse can it get? I don't think as hard on the shots, and I usually end up doing GREAT on them. Tomahawks, short putting flex throws, and weird angles are my bread and butter. Usually I'm having a bad day if my drives end up on the fairway every time... I wish I were kidding... :/