• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When chalk/birdie bags aren't enough

Frank Delicious said:
So that stuff makes your hands dry and chalky you say?
If your hands don't sweat at all. If you have normal hands it works great.

Frank Delicious said:
Well dry and chalky hands sound right up the OP's alley.
He said he has excessively sweaty hands. The lotion should work fine for him.

For me it just dried up and made my problems with dry and slippery hands even worse.

"It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.."

Sorry couldn't resist.

But up here in Oregon we play a lot in the rain esp. this "spring". Best advice I can give you on grip is to start building up a small set of rain discs. Basically slightly lighter, base plastic(read:grippier) versions of the discs you have trouble throwing in the rain. For example. I drop a couple of my Max Wt. Z Buzzz's for their lighter D counter-parts. The same with a couple of my drivers as well. Lately I've been discing down in the rain as well, and found that a lot of my grip issues caused by the wet weather are less of a factor on slower plastic.

So basically lighter, grippier, slower plastic is my key to success in the rain. No grip enhancer needed :D

Another thing that helps me and i live in washington is no fabric softener in my golf towels . It deems to leave a slick film on wet discs. I tried two of the same towels one washrd and dryed with softener and the other brand new and the softener towel did leave a bit of a slick cloudy film. Then tried one that had been washed and dried no softener and no film

i used to use rock climbing chalk because my hands get clammy sometimes. it works well, but just like when climbing on gym holds that have been too chalked up, the chalk on your hands can eventually get gummy and more slippery than just regular moist hands. i'm trying out the birdie bag right now, which seems to keep the hands less dry but for a longer period of time. the most successful thing for me has simply been drying my hands on a towel before key throws and reapplying birdie bag/chalk before big rips.

Im a big fan of shammy leather. It dries discs and hands quite well. I however also keep 2 cloth hand towels, 2 microfiber, and a birdie bag.
This combo works for rain / dew, and snow.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Latest posts