• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where does 10M start?

Why not keep the 10m and use a similar rule as a free throw? You cannot move your pivot foot or supporting point until the disc hits the basket.

Tall players would be able to deadfall toward the basket from a position 7-8 feet out knowing the disc would hit the chains before they hit the ground. That would meet your proposed criteria.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Tall players would be able to deadfall toward the basket from a position 7-8 feet out knowing the disc would hit the chains before they hit the ground. That would meet your proposed criteria.

sounds good to me- I'd enjoy watching that- slam dunk!

Chuck Kennedy said:
How about no follow thru on any shot except the tee? Stand and deliver rules! :)

And then Markus Kallstrom's distance advantage would be like 300 feet from the fairway. I bet he would like that rule change :D

I agree, expanding the circle fails to adress the problem. If the legality of jump putting is in question, then attack the problem directly. Make it illegal all the time.

The rule says you can follow through. There's no way you can say jumping is part of your follow through. It takes intent to jump. You do not jump, unless you are planning on jumping.

Redisculous said:
There's no way you can say jumping is part of your follow through.

Your definition of "follow through" is a bit too narrow. And besides, my body is built differently than yours so you have zero say in what constitutes my follow through.

Putting needs to be harder in disc golf anyway. At this point a stand still 50' putt is barely harder than a 10' putt ball golf.

jnecessary said:
Putting needs to be harder in disc golf anyway. At this point a stand still 50' putt is barely harder than a 10' putt ball golf.

And I can rarely make either consistently :)

Latest posts