• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where's the Discraft XL?

Well I am looking at the XL to replace my Vision. I find the Vision to be to flippy. ESP is probably what I want as I want something that will finish left (I throw LHBH) in the 350 range.

marmoset said:
I forgot to add that the flat FLX XLs are mad overstable and have no glide. Like Banshee overstable.
Easily the most overstable XL you can find.

Yeah...I had one of those that seriously made me LOL every time I threw it. It felt like an XL in the hand...

Bought a newer/softer circle stamp Z XL today. They had the same dome as the harder, small silver stamp Z XLs in the same weights (shoulder up halfway to the ring or where it would be on either, then flat). But the newer ones had a flatter wing, almost like the harder plastic early runs had the wing pulled back a bit more vertical. Colors did not matter. If overtime and rain don't kick me, I'll have a report later.

PS- No other XL plastics at the store, but the ESP Clones ranged from orange flat in the circle to blue protractor big dome. Huge difference....

Shifty, gusty winds are not the perfect test day but it fills the seasonal slot well.

Soft Z was fairly stiff at 45deg, yet retained grip on a damp day. Flight was similar to my D CD, neutral with hint of s flex but no way coming back from a blow over or anny release. Pearly light blue is awesome for fall leaves 8)

Yellow Star Valk shelved till spring thaw. Timberwolf waits for snow (sitting next to chalky proto Wizards).

It depends on how you define complimentary. Do you want something as different as possible, yet still covering the same range? I would say that is complimentary in a very wide sense for a very minimalistic bag. I usually see complimentary as something that flies with similar speed/glide/other flight characteristics, but with a different stability or flight line.

For the first definition I think the XL would work well as it's about as opposite as you can get to the Avenger in most ways. For the second definition I would recommend the Avenger-SS.,

discspeed said:
It depends on how you define complimentary. Do you want something as different as possible, yet still covering the same range? I would say that is complimentary in a very wide sense for a very minimalistic bag. I usually see complimentary as something that flies with similar speed/glide/other flight characteristics, but with a different stability or flight line.

For the first definition I think the XL would work well as it's about as opposite as you can get to the Avenger in most ways. For the second definition I would recommend the Avenger-SS.,

From those definitions I would be under the first one. I'm wanting something slower that can cover shorter ranges that will require more finesse for low ceiling, tighter shots.

I know the XL is faster than the Cyclone with the Cyclone being a little bit more versatile.

sunspot said:
discspeed said:

From those definitions I would be under the first one. I'm wanting something slower that can cover shorter ranges that will require more finesse for low ceiling, tighter shots.

I know the XL is faster than the Cyclone with the Cyclone being a little bit more versatile.

In that case I don't think any disc compliments the Avenger as well as the XL. The Avenger likes to fly straight and fade...The XL almost always wants to turn and then fade late. The XL gets it's D with glide, and the Avenger more with power and speed. The Cyclone is more of a slower Avenger in terms of flightpath than something complimentary (as in def #1).