• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basicly subscribe to the "Each to their own" philosophy, and don't care what you do, on the course, or wherever, as long as it doesn't interfere with my right to do whatever I want to do, on the course or wherever.

The problem that I have with the drinkers and cig smokers are the cans/bottles/cig butts that I see scatered abot the courses. Now I know the good folk here on DGCR would never commit such a henious sin as these, but they are not magicaly appearing on the courses either.

Amen. Clean up your own mess people. I carry an old milk jug full of urine in which to put my cigs. Cigs all over the ground is just gross.:sick:

do you really cry?, if so, you definately need to chill out...this is DG man...its not that serious, and even if you want to take it that serious, the majority of other people, including DG'ers will not.....deep breathing can help you...and since you recognize the issue, that is the first step....just work to fix it
No tears, just whiny self pity Doc.

It has occured to me that this thread is somewhat Ironic in nature... Why are we whining about the whiners??? If you are that good, these people shouldn't even have an effect on your play. If you're not, that's why there are rules and TDs to enforce them. Pity as it may be that people will ruin someone elses good time or mental presence during a game, it is going to happen.

I propose to prepare for this we all go out to our local courses and put some Sam Kenison on the Ipods and have friends throw minis at us while we play. Like DG Yoda says, "Play with pricks, you must! Overcome whining, you will!"

that is a good solution. but even when I was playing well and on the top cards there was another player who was actually worse. it doesnt matter which card your on. douches are everywhere.

It actually makes me play better when I see somone else blowing-up, knowing every good shot I make is making them even more angy. My goal is to make them reach a full blown meltdown by the end of the round. Not to mention how childish and mentally weak their antics are, how could you not laugh at a 20-40 year old guy acting like a 2 year old?

^^^this. Absolutely this.

Like smokers whining the entire round at AM worlds that they can not smoke? We got it, you really want a cig, now shut up!

Really? Didn't realize you played in the... Wait, that's right you didn't.

Quit stirrin' the pot, threadjack.

First off I have a right not have my life threatened by your second hand cancer.

Are you effin' serious? You know your car is more damaging to your body than secondhand smoke, right? Hold your breath when you come out of your plastic bubble if you're that scared.

Dammit... Feeding the trolls again.:wall:

Really? Didn't realize you played in the... Wait, that's right you didn't.

Quit stirrin' the pot, threadjack.

Dammit... Feeding the trolls again.:wall:

I was there walking with the groups. I played with you and you smoke like a chimney.

I was there walking with the groups. I played with you and you smoke like a chimney.

...And drink like a fish. I'm a regular Chimneyfish, if you will.:hfive:

Don't let Ruby fool you. He only minds smoking on the internet.

He likes to:popcorn:

I played a tournament yesterday with this kid who was maybe 13. After the first 6 holes of round 2 he was up to +5 on par and his attitude started going south. By the end of the round, he had broken a tree, got stroked for courtesy violations twice, and was talking his eyes out so badx you cohldnt tell if his face was covered in tears, spit or snot.

I ended up shooting 7 strokes better that round than the first though. :)

i have played a couple round with people on the top card, on guy in particular started off his round bad and after the 3rd hole it was all down hill for him, he worked himself and pretty much gave up, i told him to shup up and said just because you have a bad round doesnt mean you gotta bring the moral down of the whole group. it worked for the most part and he calmed down. when people start complaining i feel it works best to confront em and give it to em straight

For some reason when I'm on a card with someone like this, It makes me lighten up. Watching someone emotionally melt down and start complaining gives me a little boost. I start concentrating more and I focus on throwing the disc. Just Laugh it off as someone throws a temper tantrum.

For some reason when I'm on a card with someone like this, It makes me lighten up. Watching someone emotionally melt down and start complaining gives me a little boost. I start concentrating more and I focus on throwing the disc. Just Laugh it off as someone throws a temper tantrum.

This is what I do. I almost revel in someone else's misery during a round lol.

My buddy who is not a tourney player will melt down sometimes. And I do think I start to play better, or maybe it just seems so by comparison. One time he got so pissed he missed a putt he picked up his "bag" (was just a canvas bag) and threw it at the basket and everything, water bottle, bag, towel all landed in the basket. The 4 other discs however fell out and rolled everywhere, we all had a good laugh at that one!

I played a tournament yesterday with this kid who was maybe 13. After the first 6 holes of round 2 he was up to +5 on par and his attitude started going south. By the end of the round, he had broken a tree, got stroked for courtesy violations twice, and was talking his eyes out so badx you cohldnt tell if his face was covered in tears, spit or snot.

I ended up shooting 7 strokes better that round than the first though. :)

I have a feeling I know who was on your card ;)

I meant to come out to that one, just had too late of a night Saturday.

This is what I do. I almost revel in someone else's misery during a round lol.

I didnt quite want to put it like that but thats pretty much how it is lol. Im the same way when I play with someone whos personality I cant stand.

My buddy who is not a tourney player will melt down sometimes. And I do think I start to play better, or maybe it just seems so by comparison. One time he got so pissed he missed a putt he picked up his "bag" (was just a canvas bag) and threw it at the basket and everything, water bottle, bag, towel all landed in the basket. The 4 other discs however fell out and rolled everywhere, we all had a good laugh at that one!

Yea Idk what it is or why I do play better. I had a buddy throw a log at a basket in a monthly after throwing his 6th shot into a tree and it rolled right up next to the pin.....I said "nice up" and got the evil eye. Think I PR'd that day lol.
I love those moments for some reason. I guess my best Golf is played when surrounded by Jack Arses

Last edited:
You're so paranoid, you probly think this thread is about you ... 'bout you ... 'bout you ... 'bout yoooooouuuuuuu ...

Status
Not open for further replies.