• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
not going to lie i used to be like that till i started playing with a guy that did that it sucked so i try hard not to wine but there are some shots i throw that i just cant help it but it never last more than one hole. played with a guy once that missed a put then picked up his bag full of discs and threw the whole thing in the basket... it was pathetic but kinda funny...

^ I have seen something similiar. there is a course near where I live called Stoney Hill, well there is a pond on this course. sometimes less skilled folks lose some discs in this pond when throwing hole 16. i watched a guy throw 5 in. then kick his bag into the pond and leave the tournament. my only thought on this is that at least he left and didnt stick around to spread that negative energy.

When I'm playing that badly (as in the last tourney I played), I end up making jokes about how bad I'm playing.

Example -- I managed to throw an accidental roller that ended up about ten feet from the basket. Everyone was telling me good drive and all that -- I thanked them sincerely, paused a bit and said "Yeah, I should be able to get my four from there." I find that if you let people know you're not mad at yourself right away when you screw up, it makes it harder to actually get mad at yourself. And if nothing else, you can give a little comic relief to the group. Just because I'm stinking up the joint doesn't mean everyone on my card should, right?

A few of us met up with a fellow DGCR'er at Sylmar the other day, and I realized that I was just going to hit every tree on the course. Instead of being a douche, I pointed out at hole 4 "So yeah, I'm here to demonstrate what can go wrong at Sylmar." Much better reaction than several other things I could have said :)

In the end its just a game. and if you are going to be a big baby and bring the rest of us down thats what sux. i am glad i wear headphones most of the time otherwise it would bother me more. I can just blast some tunes and tune them out. some people get mad at other players throwing **** or cussing after a miss, that doesnt really bother me. its the constant pouting and figurative stomping of the feet that gets to me. JUST QUIT. Nobody will miss u and we will all be better because of it.

People who wear headphones during competitive rounds bother me. They slow down the pace of play for the rest of the group. It was the cool thing to do when Ipods first came out. I rarely see any one with head phones anymore.

People who wear headphones during competitive rounds bother me. They slow down the pace of play for the rest of the group. It was the cool thing to do when Ipods first came out. I rarely see any one with head phones anymore.
People wearing headphones don't really bother me. I just worry about their safety. What if somebody yells "fore" and they're jamming out to Styx or Avril Lavigne?

why would headphones slow down the pace. I am only wearing them during my shots most of the time. JACKASSES who start crappy threads and revive seriously dead threads now thats annoying. :|:wall:

why would headphones slow down the pace. I am only wearing them during my shots most of the time. JACKASSES who start crappy threads and revive seriously dead threads now thats annoying. :|:wall:

But, he had to tell you that people with headphones annoy him. It was really important. :D

Easy way for this to stop is simply use the following phrase..."Would you like some cheese with your whine?"

(If you know they will be there in advance, actually hand them the cheese.)

Quick story: A dude was drinking whiskey out of his water bottle at an A-tier last year. He started the first round, and you could tell he was a little buzzed. One of my buddies that was on the card wanted to stroke him for the infraction. I told him to just let it play out as it would eventually work in our favor. Had he called him on it, the offender would have likely quit drinking and had a decent round. Instead, he got super hammered and played horribly. Not only that, but he smashed in shin into a rock and opened it up pretty good. Drunk dude finished DFL. Sometimes, it's best to let people self-destruct rather than give them one measly penalty stroke.

Speaking of whiny little babies. A guy I know from my hometown was on Dr Phil yesterday. The weirdo dresses and acts like a baby when he's not at work. Onesies, pacifiers, high chairs, cribs everything. This is the worst part though. He wears diapers everywhere and has lost control of his bowels and bladder because of it. That mothertrucker is a server at Applebees. That means he's serving your food with sh*t and piss in his diaper. Thank God he's not on your card.

These two quotes are absolutely ridiculous. did you go to school with this dude?

From 13 to 16 years old, Brett says he faked bed wetting by pouring warm liquid onto himself. It was then, he says, he learned to lose control of his bodily functions.

He also says he feels a thrill when people see his diaper. "Sometimes, I will go into a store and crouch down so people can see."

These two quotes are absolutely ridiculous. did you go to school with this dude?

From 13 to 16 years old, Brett says he faked bed wetting by pouring warm liquid onto himself. It was then, he says, he learned to lose control of his bodily functions.

He also says he feels a thrill when people see his diaper. "Sometimes, I will go into a store and crouch down so people can see."

Nope, he's from the town over. I'm pretty sure I wrestled him in Jr High - didn't notice a diaper, though.

Quick story: A dude was drinking whiskey out of his water bottle at an A-tier last year. He started the first round, and you could tell he was a little buzzed. One of my buddies that was on the card wanted to stroke him for the infraction. I told him to just let it play out as it would eventually work in our favor. Had he called him on it, the offender would have likely quit drinking and had a decent round. Instead, he got super hammered and played horribly. Not only that, but he smashed in shin into a rock and opened it up pretty good. Drunk dude finished DFL. Sometimes, it's best to let people self-destruct rather than give them one measly penalty stroke.

Except it isn't just a measly one stroke penalty, its grounds for disqualification, and if he is a repeat offender possible suspension from the pdga.

This to me is one of the reasons disc golf will never be mainstream. Its supposed to be a game of honor and integrity but no one is willing to call rules violations, even when they bare obvious

Except it isn't just a measly one stroke penalty, its grounds for disqualification, and if he is a repeat offender possible suspension from the pdga.

This to me is one of the reasons disc golf will never be mainstream. Its supposed to be a game of honor and integrity but no one is willing to call rules violations, even when they bare obvious

I think you need to lighten up a bit. He obviously was no threat in beating you. Mike Brady: Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.