• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
*writes down "run drunk diaper tourney" on list of short term goals*

Diapers would be weighed before and after tournament. Every hole (or other hole for the rec division) would require consuming a can of beer. An increase in diaper weight would deduct points from your round score.

I mean, why not combine my two passions?

Disc golf and pissing my pants.

As for the OP. I have been trying to not meltdown and ruin others rounds. It's been a struggle. What I do notice is many of these players who get annoyed by the meltdown guys are usually pretty good so it's rare to see them struggle. I've seen these so called cooler heads really meltdown and be the biggest jerks on the rare occasions they do blow up on a hole or have a bogey run. I always thought composure was what made these guys great but it's refreshing to know that EVERYONE has it in them to be a whiny little baby. Including the OP.

I have had minor meltdowns. but I am not that good. and I have never kicked a bag or screamed at the top of my lungs in a tourney. like i said, im not that good. so missing putts is kinda expected.

I went to the last day of competition for the 2011 worlds at Pinto Lake. Derek Billings was on the lead card for the final 18. I felt so bad for the guy (he was the on lefty in the group, on a course that favors right handers), and he was completely melting down. You could see he wanted to explode but the guy kept his composure. It was a shining example of how someone should handle a bad round.
I don't have sympathy for people who blow up on the course. I might get sarcastic and make fun of my crappy play, but I would never let my fellow group members be affected by me. Although I do sickly enjoy watching a person melt down for some reason.

I have kicked my bag, I have cursed, been negative, been a downer to be around, self deprecated, and given up during a tourney round.
I also am human and prone to make mistakes in behavior and be emotional about things I am passionate about.
I have never pontificated on a website and pretended to be morally superior to others online.
I have also pissed my pants and shat myself in public.

This thread is 50% of why I stopped playing tournaments.

What was the other 50%, and are you still mad at me?

The other 50% is homophobia, and spending $60 per tournament to play for discs when I have 400+ discs that I already don't throw and I work in a disc golf store.

I'm not mad at you, never was. You asked why you were given thumbs down and I answered you and you didn't like the answer I suppose.

I have also pissed my pants and shat myself in public.

love this. i am not trying to sound superior. this thread is old as hell and someone ressurected it. I had just recently experienced (at that point) what a douchebag meltdown can do to a card. it just takes the fun out of it. kinda like SB does to this website.

I'm sorry to hear that. If I personally saw someone being homophobic toward anyone I would punch them right in the mouth, no questions asked. I totally understand about the plastic payout deal that's why I like our all cash payout unsanctioned series here in the north state.
Good to hear you are not mad at me, I just sensed some intensity on your response.

I'm sorry to hear that. If I personally saw someone being homophobic toward anyone I would punch them right in the mouth, no questions asked. I totally understand about the plastic payout deal that's why I like our all cash payout unsanctioned series here in the north state.
Good to hear you are not mad at me, I just sensed some intensity on your response.

Sometimes I can be an a hole, like most of the time. They put a stick up our butts when we get the job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.