• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whippet-X

Craton

Double Eagle Member
Hey guys,

I recently got offered a Glo Champion Whippet-X for my Elite Z Xtreme. I was wondering- do you guys know much about Whippet-X's? I've never thrown a whippet, only a banshee here or there. I used to have a Viper in DX plastic that was a meathook- would it compare to this? I know the flight chart, and that an X is more overstable, but just wanted to her some opinions on it before I okay the trade- looking for something in that department for the bag, and I'm not using the Xtreme at all.

Very similar to Z Xtreme. WX will be a shade slower and the new-skool CFR version that you have been offered will be noticeably less hi-speed overstable & similarly MAD lo-speed overstable.

Very similar to Z Xtreme. WX will be a shade slower and the new-skool CFR version that you have been offered will be noticeably less hi-speed overstable & similarly MAD lo-speed overstable.

Hmm. Thanks for the input...I'm torn up about this one. On one hand, I can probably nab some sweet things with that Xtreme, including a few Sentinels I got offered in the quantum/MF plastics (not sure the exact names on those), but I've been wondering what Whippet's are like as well, esp. the X.

Personally, I have never thrown the Glow Whippet X but I do carry a 1st run Champ and Star Whippet X in my bag and I love to throw them for mid length drives or as a mid range along with my Pro D and ESP Zones. I can tell you that the champ is more stable than my star but not even close to a champion viper (got rid of that thing). The Star has more glide and I can honestly say if I rip the disc it goes pretty straight for me and. The whippet is a great overhand disc as well.

Hey guys,

I recently got offered a Glo Champion Whippet-X for my Elite Z Xtreme. I was wondering- do you guys know much about Whippet-X's? I've never thrown a whippet, only a banshee here or there. I used to have a Viper in DX plastic that was a meathook- would it compare to this? I know the flight chart, and that an X is more overstable, but just wanted to her some opinions on it before I okay the trade- looking for something in that department for the bag, and I'm not using the Xtreme at all.

Personally, I have never thrown the Glow Whippet X but I do carry a 1st run Champ and Star Whippet X in my bag and I love to throw them for mid length drives or as a mid range along with my Pro D and ESP Zones. I can tell you that the champ is more stable than my star but not even close to a champion viper (got rid of that thing). The Star has more glide and I can honestly say if I rip the disc it goes pretty straight for me and. The whippet is a great overhand disc as well.

You got rid of a champ viper!!! ARGH! I can only dream of getting one!

Latest posts