• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who all should talk a penalty here, if anyone?

So if he would have said before the event..."tap ins can just be picked up guys, lets run a fun casual event today."

As the TD is that possible/legal?

I mean, probably not? I can kind of see it, provided that the round wasn't going to be filmed and published by someone with a pretty big audience! Of course, harping on Nikko for lack of situational awareness is a waste of time at this point.

So if he would have said before the event..."tap ins can just be picked up guys, lets run a fun casual event today."

As the TD is that possible/legal?

Possible, sure. Legal, not unless he cleared it with the Tour Manager in advance.

805.03 C: "No rules may be stipulated which conflict with these rules, unless approved by the Tour Manager."

I mean, probably not? I can kind of see it, provided that the round wasn't going to be filmed and published by someone with a pretty big audience! Of course, harping on Nikko for lack of situational awareness is a waste of time at this point.

Kind of what I thought too, it's Nikko..he kind of runs his own gig regardless.

How about Jere putting on one knee at 49:30 with cigarette in hand? LOL

Pretty weird, against the rules, but completely innocuous. Like wearing black into Wimbledon.

That being said Nikko should have called it just to maintain his integrity as TD.

i wonder why disc golf isn't on ESPN? it must be just the little things...

sure, it's no big deal. that's how thousands of people play DG. but if we want to take our sport to the next level then this in one of those things we need to take seriously (in the open division). at the very least, don't pull these moves when you know the round is being filmed.

it personally doesn't bother me too much but if i were there i'd give a verbal warning.

Saying that the event is "just a B-Tier" diminishes sanctioned events on the whole.

Shenanigans should be saved for unsanctioned casual events.

Again... B-tier or not... I think this is just a product of the atmosphere Nikko as a TD has cultivated with his series of local events.

Watching all the PHP vids and his tourneys just feel like a bunch of the same local guys coming out and exchanging money to play DG (with most going to Nikko - another thread-worthy discussion in itself i suppose).

A part of me enjoys the casual-but-high-stakes-game-among-friends nature of the tournaments he put on this winter but I'd never say they were 'by the books' when it comes to a sanctioned event.

Again... B-tier or not... I think this is just a product of the atmosphere Nikko as a TD has cultivated with his series of local events.

Watching all the PHP vids and his tourneys just feel like a bunch of the same local guys coming out and exchanging money to play DG (with most going to Nikko - another thread-worthy discussion in itself i suppose).

A part of me enjoys the casual-but-high-stakes-game-among-friends nature of the tournaments he put on this winter but I'd never say they were 'by the books' when it comes to a sanctioned event.

"hey man, we're just out here throwing Frisbees and living life man. No need to get all serious about rules and stuff like that, don't kill the vibe brah. Just let us live life. Also, I needed a consistent paycheck this winter"

"hey man, we're just out here throwing Frisbees and living life man. No need to get all serious about rules and stuff like that, don't kill the vibe brah. Just let us live life. Also, I needed a consistent paycheck this winter"
Yup. Basically seems like the attitude they take.

I mean if the events are filling up and nobody is complaining...

Teeing off with a cig lit from the knee is definitely something that made me LOL.

Last edited:

You're right. By choice I do not play tournaments. If I did play tourneys then yes I would play open.

Was that a shot at my skill level because you failed if it was lol:doh:

I don't need to prove anything to anyone on the internet. Cheers buddy

/drift

Well, then Nikko's a self-serving POS---not surprising, as I've seen his [and other pros] actions/attitudes at A-tier events before. Won't be long and it'll be like politics---elitist a-holes will drive most of us away from caring about public acceptance/notoriety of dg.

Except for fanbois. They love abuse.

Latest posts