• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WHO DAT? OH LAWD is the Latitude 64 Saint

Jeronimo said:
A Pred/Teebird like disc (more stable than a typical Teebird, not as stable as a typical Pred)
Significant Glide - much like the River or Flow considering the 1.9 cm dome
Longer Range than expected- this sort of piggy backs on my last point, due to the glide
A very comfortable grip - due in no small part to the rim size but also because this is something Latitude does well
Aaaaaand... A first run that will have subsequent runs that fly nothing like the first runs :lol: ... :cry: (some recent Tomas statements about lessons learned might invalidate this though)

So... a CFR CPD with improved glide?

kern9787 said:
Jeronimo said:
A Pred/Teebird like disc (more stable than a typical Teebird, not as stable as a typical Pred)
Significant Glide - much like the River or Flow considering the 1.9 cm dome
Longer Range than expected- this sort of piggy backs on my last point, due to the glide
A very comfortable grip - due in no small part to the rim size but also because this is something Latitude does well
Aaaaaand... A first run that will have subsequent runs that fly nothing like the first runs :lol: ... :cry: (some recent Tomas statements about lessons learned might invalidate this though)

So... a CFR CPD with improved glide?
Might not be bad at all, though if the dome is huge it'll still get stopped by the wind... And seems that whenever a Latitude disc comes out flat it's leaning towards understable.

Jeronimo said:
NoLifeLeft said:
Sounds like a slowed down Boatman.
!

Shit, that's a good point. Could be a Boatman variation.
Wonder what the specifics of the deal between Westside and Latitude actually are... Would such a variation be possible, after all Westside owns all of their molds, unlike DM, Mill and DGA.

jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
Discs that are unable to be bent to 50% of
their diameters fail the flexibility test.
I'd like to see them bend the stiffest available Wizards that much without breaking the disc...

I imagine that the PDGA has exercised some common sense when it comes to the Wizards and the samples they had probably are closer to spec. It is a different matter of getting even a short range shot from a hard putter than an equally hard driver. The cutting power of the round tall edge of the Wiz ain't such a dangerous device compared to a 1.6 mm minimum thick driver leading edge. So the need for controlling harder materials in the Wiz ain't so necessary and the added cost of controlling each disc after the spec approval is impossible cost wise. Or impractical to TDs that need to bend each disc prior to approval. So far only Japanese events weigh used discs. Imagine the hassle of each event doing all tests for all specs.

JR said:
I imagine that the PDGA has exercised some common sense when it comes to the Wizards and the samples they had probably are closer to spec. It is a different matter of getting even a short range shot from a hard putter than an equally hard driver. The cutting power of the round tall edge of the Wiz ain't such a dangerous device compared to a 1.6 mm minimum thick driver leading edge. So the need for controlling harder materials in the Wiz ain't so necessary and the added cost of controlling each disc after the spec approval is impossible cost wise. Or impractical to TDs that need to bend each disc prior to approval. So far only Japanese events weigh used discs. Imagine the hassle of each event doing all tests for all specs.
Push it back on the manufacturers. If a disc for sale is found to not meet the 50% requirement, punish the manufacturer somehow. Stop it at the source, not at the tourney level.

Again, I like my stiff discs and I don't want this particular PDGA fallacy fixed.

Yes. Turns slightly on 430', but comes back with a nice fade, keeps the turnover for a while. Glides well as expected. Frank's description of it being a faster eagle isn't far off the mark.

NO wind fighting capability on that distance though, and pushing it any further will result in unpredictable flight.

+mold rim? if not, I'm game to try it for sure. Sounds like it's right up the alley of what I'm looking for from everything I've read here and on dgcr.