• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

That reads like you knocked up your own sister with the quote in your post. :p

Didn't know that's how you all did it in Wisconsin. :D

I caught that too. I thought that kind of thing only happened in Kentucky (they'd tell you it's West Virginia, but West Virginians will tell you it's Kentucky so...).

That reads like you knocked up your own sister with the quote in your post. :p

Didn't know that's how you all did it in Wisconsin. :D

Yeah we are the Dairy State (or use to be), all of us hillbilly's LOVE our sisters. Especially me who lives in an apartment in the ghetto lol

funny-Fry-meme-trolling-Internet.jpg

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. :wall:

Too many polarizing opinions on how MVP is the gold standard for consistency while Innova is a joke for their inconsistency. Some people believe that as the absolute truth, others do everything they can to debunk them both.

So naturally any sort of discussion on quality circles back to those above statements and out come the truthers and defenders. Welcome to DGCR. :doh:

For sure, I have a peptmo bismol Volt and cannot get it to act understable or even stable. Not a bad stable to overstable fairway driver with a lot of glide, but I do not believe this fits its common description. Just agreeing that all companies have their inconsistancies in molds.

For sure, I have a peptmo bismol Volt and cannot get it to act understable or even stable. Not a bad stable to overstable fairway driver with a lot of glide, but I do not believe this fits its common description. Just agreeing that all companies have their inconsistancies in molds.

Sssshhhhhh, don't say that people might learn something.

Innova will always have a place in my bag...it might be as a water hazzard disc, but it still is there for me when i need it. j/k. I'm not an innova hater, as you can tell from browsing my disc pics. however i just happen to like my vibrams and latitude 64 disc better. I play the same courses but always seem to get better scores using my river, or ascent over any other disc. On a serious note, i pick up innova dx disc at discgolfcenter for cheap and do use them as hazzards. i love the grip of the innova dx plastic, however the dx has never lastest long for me. I use alot of overhand shots and always find that one tree.

I was just posting elsewhere about how I don't understand brand loyalty and corporate tribalism and that the noise it causes people to make. I really don't.

As for my apparent endorsement in BigSky's sig, well..
One does not simply dislike an MVP disc without being wrong/shunned/dismissed as a player with credible expectations and experiences.

I was just posting elsewhere about how I don't understand brand loyalty and corporate tribalism and that the noise it causes people to make. I really don't.

As for my apparent endorsement in BigSky's sig, well..

There you go. Sig changed.

All the Innova hate (and the fact it's the only brand that is really available in my hometown) is making me trend back towards an all Innova bag. Well those two reasons and the fact that they have some terrific molds (Leopards, Valkyries, Rhynos, Rocs, Banshees... just to name a few).

Innova introduced me to disc golf, and to that I owe them a great deal, but... I've decided to use what disc golf life I have left throwing a mixed(and I do mean mixed) bag if for no other reason than I enjoy buying new plastic, as well as throwing different molds from different manufacturers. I like to think of my disc collection as sort of a baseball organizations' farm team. If one performs well at the practice field it gets called up to the majors, or in this case the bag.

Screen print that shiz on some shirts and sell them at every tourney you hear about.

I just made you a millionaire.

I bet you could look at sales data and Innova and Discraft's worst-selling discs likely outsell the best-selling discs of most of the competitors. These two companies own disc golf...and Discraft also owns Ultimate.

It's human nature to root for the underdog.

Latest posts