• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why do you play Disc Golf?

well i have been play for 6 years now . i love it ..... i play real golf for 16 years it get old to me it cost mush to play 25-50 for 18 holes it nuts butt disc golf is free lol

The challenge, watching plastic fly, the sound of the chains, competition, exercise, nature, comradery...

what'shisname said:
DiscGolfHappyPatch2.jpg

Mad Scientist said:
Why not?

But really, I've been throwing Frisbees and discs since I was young, so I was naturally drawn to it. It's fun, relaxing, and appeals to my inherent tendancy to collect things.

I'm with you there. I've loved Frisbee throwing in the park as a kid, and this is just sort of the natural progression of it.

Because I love watching discs fly, love throwing them, love feeling the plastic in my hands. I've been playing Ultimate for a long time, but DG has a relaxed, fun pace to it that I enjoy. t's like someone really liked bar hopping and walking in the woods and asked himself, "How can I combine these activities?"

I sucked the first day, I sucked the second day, I sucked the third day, etc. But every time I play, I have one throw that makes me think I suck a little bit less.

For peace and quiet and to avoid getting as fat as most men my age.

I enjoy sports that have a significant manual dexterity component. DG specifically strikes a good balance between costs to play, ability to play throughout one's life, strategy, challenge to master, and moments of excellence. Hitting an Ace, a long 2nd shot from the field, a 50ft or longer put, or just parking a long hole is like hitting a home run. I think these moments are what keep people coming back, and you get 18 chances to have one each round...

I love it because I can enjoy it equally by myself or with other people. I also enjoy it because the main competition is with myself and my own skill rather than other people. It's really great that you can go out and play with your friends and genuinely wish that both you and them play well since the two are not mutually exclusive.

I also love throwing things accurately; it's awesome.

To quote from my favorite CFR disc, a Champion XCaliberfrom the 2008 Johnny Roberts Memorial:

"I play for the love of the game, I play for the comraderie and inspiration, to embrace the family of the disc, the Journey, the sweet spot, I play for past, present, and future legends, I play for my community, I play for the Spirit of Johnny. I live,, breathe, eat & sleep to the sound of chains, for the high-fives, I play to play another day, I play for the disappointment which drives me forward, I play for the beauty of flight, the amazement, the luck, I play for the Howl, the nature that surrounds us, I play for the lifelong Journey, the once in a lifetime shot, the Plastic, the Skip, never forgetting that I play this game for Fun!"

I don't know who wrote that, but it sure sums it up for me.

Every reason in this thread, exept for the getting fat one, because I'm young and ain't gonna get fat for a LOOONG time.

to watch the comet fly, there is nothing else in this world like it.

also I like how inexpensive it is and how quickly it's advancing as a sport, it's fun to watch it evolve.

I play because I have been drawn to discs or frisbees m whole life. Nothing is quiet as relaxing as watching a disc fly.
I play for that one great drive each day.
I play for the feeling I get when I throw a nice straight shot right where I want it to go.
The sound of the Chains.
The connection I feel to nature in most of the parks atmospheres.
Beers with friends.
Beers with new friends.
Trading discs for that one that you always wanted.
Its inexpensive and addictive.
Its not a team sport. I get to focus on my own abilities and no one elses.
Great exercise.
Laid back sport.

Most importantly... Fun

WesV said:
To quote from my favorite CFR disc, a Champion XCaliberfrom the 2008 Johnny Roberts Memorial:

"I play for the love of the game, I play for the comraderie and inspiration, to embrace the family of the disc, the Journey, the sweet spot, I play for past, present, and future legends, I play for my community, I play for the Spirit of Johnny. I live,, breathe, eat & sleep to the sound of chains, for the high-fives, I play to play another day, I play for the disappointment which drives me forward, I play for the beauty of flight, the amazement, the luck, I play for the Howl, the nature that surrounds us, I play for the lifelong Journey, the once in a lifetime shot, the Plastic, the Skip, never forgetting that I play this game for Fun!"

I don't know who wrote that, but it sure sums it up for me.

QFT.. Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I play because I tire of hobbies quickly and when I got tired of martial arts a new friend asked me to come along to play. I stay for many of the reasons you guys have already mentioned.
Also, I like learning about and studying new things, and this game is quite rich despite its relatively young life.