• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

Anything DGA. Super underrated company IMO. I couldn't play a round without my Breaker, and my Aftershock has been helping me work out some backhand form issues.

Then why don't you have a Squall?? If I was w/o a Squall or Aftershock, I'd be Namath (struggaling)

My choice would be the Classic Roc. The KC Pro is my go to midrange, and I have a few in different stages of wear but those are overly common. The Classic Roc was one of my first discs, in DX plastic, and it was easily one of the most consistent finesse discs I tried. It felt like it had more glide than advertised and after it beat in a little bit I could throw it straight, with hyzer or anhyzer and it would hold the line until almost the very end. After a while if a hole was 300 ft or less I was throwing it off the tee. Then one fateful day I threw it on a tight wooded hole, it glanced off a tree and kicked straight into the woods. No big deal right. I walked towards where it went only to gasp in horror as the Classic Roc was impaled on a broken branch. I tried to fix it but it never flew the same again. Currently I'm working in a Star Classic Roc to try and get the same feel out of it as the old DX with decent results.

However, to this date its still the most asked about disc I've ever had.

You can still buy dx classic Rocs if you don't like the star.

Champ Polecat.

Haha, I always scoffed at Polecats. Thought they were a disc for kids and old men (mostly because my dad and daughter throw them!) but I got some for them from the factory store, went to try one out and fell in love right away. Perfect upshot disc, and it really changed my game.

The rest of my bag is pretty standard with the exception of the Demon and Orion.

EVERYONE who throws FH should have at least one Z Flick in their bag. Nothing else flies like a Flick. I know some folks that carry the Flick but honestly everyone should. Get some spin on that sucker and it almost carves a 90 turn. And you can get the tightest little helix out of it so that it flies just about dead straight. The Flick has almost no glide. While that extra glide is nice in many situations, sometimes you want the disc to stop dead. And once a Flick stops spinning it crashes to the ground and generally stays put where it hits the ground making the Flick very dependable. Or thrown at just the right height and angle a Flick is capable of some serious skips. About all you can't do is get a Flick to do is an anny, its far to overstable for that.

Star Valkyrie. Controllable, great for beginners and pros, and it's just not an overwhelming disc. A Star Valkyrie with some mild wear flies beautifully.